Author Topic: Double edge razor  (Read 1147 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Double edge razor
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 02:20:02 AM »
A little tip that seems to work is to dry your razor immediately after using it, dry completely. It stays sharp, even the cheap disposable ones last much longer.

Happy shaving.  :cheers:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 05:01:37 AM »
Even though my junky Mach 3 only gives me 5 or 6 shaves before it gets too dull, I don't have time to play metrosexual by massaging my face with shaving oils and fancy brushes.  I have schit to do.  Unfortunately I have to shave each day in case I need to use a respirator or supplied air at work.  Need a fast, quick, close shave that won't leave my face mangled.
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 05:19:07 PM »
Even though my junky Mach 3 only gives me 5 or 6 shaves before it gets too dull, I don't have time to play metrosexual by massaging my face with shaving oils and fancy brushes.  I have schit to do.  Unfortunately I have to shave each day in case I need to use a respirator or supplied air at work.  Need a fast, quick, close shave that won't leave my face mangled.

Funny, I would never have considered myself metrosexual... but having to shave every day as well, if I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna do it right. Of course, I also choose to write with a fountain pen, so who knows, you may be on to something...

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2014, 05:43:17 PM »
I do this: Hell, the guy is a marketing genius how can you not want to be in his club?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »

Shaving with a DE won't cost you too much extra time if you get good at it.

Shaving the old fashioned way doesn't mean it is a "metrosexual" activity. After all, everybody had to use a DE or straight edge back in the day. :)
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 07:46:07 PM »
They are what I used until Gillette came out with the Track II or something like it.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »
My favorite:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2014, 03:03:20 AM »
My favorite:

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh yeah one bladed BIC ftw!

Only thing that's worse are the complimentary shaving kits you find in ship cabins and hotels lol. I tried once shaving with one - I felt like literally ripping my face off.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2014, 08:35:43 AM »
All this talk of shaving the old fashioned way is making me want to try it.
I used to go to the local barber school for a haircut when I still had something to cut. If I had time, I also took the shave. They did it for free because so few people used the service and they desperately wanted to practice on a real male face instead of a balloon! They might also have been able to practice on each other, but their makeup would have been spoiled...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2014, 01:25:50 PM »
http://www.carterandbond.com/detail.phtml?pID=MK1003

I have the above.

I am going to get a straight razor  :)

If it does not go well i love you all in a manly way :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario