Author Topic: World Series Game 6  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: World Series Game 6
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2011, 01:09:46 PM »
:aok

Lifelong Cards fan here and so is my wife. Our Grandpas got us started a long time ago, like so many around here.

BTW I used to live off Hwy. 94 when it was nothing but a 2 lane the whole length.!  :old:  :noid

I'm at Jungermann/94 and they are in the process of converting it from a 4 lane highway to an 8 lane interstate that connects Page avenue to Hwy 40 over in Lake Saint Louis.  Today they are paving the overpass going over Jungermann.

Crazy stuff.. and yes I remember it as a 2 lane road as well!

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2011, 03:21:24 PM »
I know it is hard to believe. My sister and sister in-law still live there, and I get so lost when I visit!  :cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2011, 03:30:32 PM »
I'm at Jungermann/94 and they are in the process of converting it from a 4 lane highway to an 8 lane interstate that connects Page avenue to Hwy 40 over in Lake Saint Louis.  Today they are paving the overpass going over Jungermann.

Crazy stuff.. and yes I remember it as a 2 lane road as well!

(Image removed from quote.)

That's not to far from my mom's house in St. Peters. I'm right off 40 and Hanley in Maplewood. GOD they screwed up the Hampton exit when they redid all the 40 ramps, tho. It's a nightmare when exiting north onto Hampton off 40 East. You stop at one light at the top of the ramp, cross the Southbound lanes of Hampton, and have to stop at ANOTHER light once you cross the Southbound lanes. It's a mess!
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2011, 03:34:45 PM »
That's not to far from my mom's house in St. Peters. I'm right off 40 and Hanley in Maplewood. GOD they screwed up the Hampton exit when they redid all the 40 ramps, tho. It's a nightmare when exiting north onto Hampton off 40 East. You stop at one light at the top of the ramp, cross the Southbound lanes of Hampton, and have to stop at ANOTHER light once you cross the Southbound lanes. It's a mess!

Yes it's ridiculous.  I was just out that way taking my nieces to the zoo last weekend.  I still don't quite know what they accomplished by redoing highway 40.  *Some* of the ramps may be more efficient but I think for the most part it's done more harm than good.  I also would have thought they would have at least added a couple more lanes.. I mean they redid the entire interstate in two years.  I see some new concrete bridges and some new walls but all in all nothing is really all that different!  Traffic isn't really much better (although to be fair St. Louis is definitely one of the best in the nation when it comes to traffic congestion).

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2011, 03:37:40 PM »
Heh, easy way to tell if someone's from St. Louis:

If they call it 64 they're from out of town. If it's 40 they're a native. :D
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2011, 03:57:06 PM »
Heh, easy way to tell if someone's from St. Louis:

If they call it 64 they're from out of town. If it's 40 they're a native. :D

:aok True!

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.