Author Topic: An really good AI pilot for offline practice.  (Read 830 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: An really good AI pilot for offline practice.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:04:37 AM »
why not when you log in ask one of the top rated guys to go with you to the da?  I would go with you, but I dont need practice hoing anymore.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 08:04:59 AM »
But seriously... I would find a way to create a paying account if HTC modeled actual damage into AI/drones... Wait... That would be counter-intuitive!! :( Never mind!!
no you wouldn't, your mother won't let you.

Chess is similar to what I was thinking off. Looks at possible moves and then two or more moves ahead.  Intuitively, seems like someone familiar with AI chess could develop a similar process as the possible moves are limited at any given point.  Especially if you stay on the edge of the flight model envelope. :)
lmao!!! riiight...yah, uh huh.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »
no you wouldn't, your mother won't let you.

Quite right--- my mum has a moral code that prevents teenagers from having a constant ability to use cash that is already spread way too thin.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »
why a perfectly valid wish thread has to turn into an insulting personal judgement?

Have you guys given a thought to the possibility that midway is a disabled person and that AH is effectively the best thing he can do? Why do you even care anyway? Don't you guys have this life stuff to attend to?
now posting as SirNuke

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 02:02:20 PM »
i've seen your stats...215 hours 16 minutes 33 seconds last month...323 hours 5 minutes 52 seconds in september...  just a small observation and friendly suggestion...it's becoming very obvious the air space in your cranium is increasing exponenitally, drag your pasty marshmallow butt outside and interact with real humans.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl    :cheers:
If your gonna fail, do it in such a way that people will be wondering how you managed to do that.

If it cant be fixed with duct tape, it cant be fixed at all.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »
why a perfectly valid wish thread has to turn into an insulting personal judgement?

Have you guys given a thought to the possibility that midway is a disabled person and that AH is effectively the best thing he can do? Why do you even care anyway? Don't you guys have this life stuff to attend to?

You really think AH is the best thing he can do?   He obviously has working hands, a working mouth, and a working brain.

And AH is the best thing he, or anybody, can do with their time?

:)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
You really think AH is the best thing he can do?   He obviously has working hands, a working mouth, and a working brain.

this
-AoM-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 07:36:05 AM »

You say that like being here is a bad thing. Remind me why you are here with your limited free time? Is it because, of all the things you could be doing, you'd rather be here? So somebody with more free time that hasn't done this for 20 years already should be choosing something else? Everyone says there's a steep learning curve and you have to practice a lot to get good. Somebody plays a lot and they're told, you should be doing something else? Maybe get a job since there are so many jobs available now?  :D

How many veteran players didn't go through a period of playing as much as possible?  :headscratch:

Mir I'd rather see an enthusiastic if ignorant kid posting instead of seeing a grownup ( not you Mir ) insulting someone he believes to be a kid because he can't manage to simply ignore him.   :old:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 09:06:24 AM »
How many veteran players didn't go through a period of playing as much as possible?  :headscratch:

This made me look at my game time log... six tours with 200+ hours  :uhoh

In retrospect I don't have the slightest idea how I managed to do that ...  :joystick:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
why not when you log in ask one of the top rated guys to go with you to the da?  I would go with you, but I dont need practice hoing anymore.

semp

lol

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 11:55:49 AM »

Mir I'd rather see an enthusiastic if ignorant kid posting instead of seeing a grownup ( not you Mir ) insulting someone he believes to be a kid because he can't manage to simply ignore him.   :old:

I understand your perspective, FLS, but you have to realize that he's spending roughly 1/3rd of his life in the game.  It's not just a a good amount of time, it's 1/3rd of his life, which includes sleeping, eating, and other things.

In my opinion, playing an average of 8 hours a day is more than an escape into a cartoon world.  It's very similar to people who spend that much time in WoW or EQ.  It's a juxtaposition of RL and fantasyland.

For what it's worth, none of us played that much back then.  Even if we wanted to, it was way too expensive!  Wasn't it $6/hr after the first 5 hours were up? :)

To answer about me, playing gives me a little escape from RL concerns and thinking, much in the same way playing golf did that for me.  So a little at a time is brain candy, for me anyways. :)

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »
I have spent roughly 6 times the time on the forum, being "social" than actually playing AH. :D just though I'd share.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »
I basically agree with you Mir and you may be 100% correct in this case but Noir made the salient point that when don't know a player's personal situation we really shouldn't judge how they spend their time.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »
I basically agree with you Mir and you may be 100% correct in this case but Noir made the salient point that when don't know a player's personal situation we really shouldn't judge how they spend their time.

I know, we shouldn't judge others without the full picture.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
Im sooooo lost right now.
First, we were talking about an offline AI.
Then offline missions.
Now how long this man plays AH.

Where did we go wrong?  :uhoh
If your gonna fail, do it in such a way that people will be wondering how you managed to do that.

If it cant be fixed with duct tape, it cant be fixed at all.