Author Topic: The best fight out there  (Read 5989 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: The best fight out there
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 03:05:42 PM »
Well there is about 4% of the community who "play to win", these folks add excitement, upredictability, challenge and fun to the game!
These folks also add color and diversity and character to the game.

The rest are the "play NOT to lose" style, these folks add predictability, boredom, repetativeness and snooze to the game, they are also indistinguishable from each other, diluting the character of the community.

:salute :salute :salute the 4%ers.  You and everyone else know who you are.  :aok

I have disdain and pitty for those who fear risk and prefer "NOT TO LOSE" coincidently the majority. No-one can tell one of you from another :(

JUGgler

assuming 5000 players, that's 200.  so last night there was about 450 playing  so that would mean 18 players played to win while 432 played to not lose.  based on the number of kills given/taken on our southern captured rook bases last night  and it was a great fight for over 2 hours, I would probably say you need another break.

unless of course I misunderstand what exactly you mean by "play not to lose".  because I could swear those guys were trying to take that base and we were not gonna allow it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 03:38:24 PM »
yup Semp you completely misunderstood him.
If theres 30 "play for win" type players on in the same time, thats a very good ratio.
Sadly the majority wont even try to kill you if he does ont hold all the cards (turn rate, numerical superiority, altitude etc etc). Heck i seen many many spixes running away from a g6 or BnZing me forever then run to friends.
If this is what Jug is talking about, i can completely agree with him. This whole topic is about that ominose 4% who have cartoon balls to try other kinds of fun than flying straight and ho everyone..

btw Twinboom hymi was one of "those" spixes i mentioned  : )   i hope that was an unique case and hes better than that <S>

Edit: nope Zoney.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:50:03 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
If theres 30 "play for win" type players on in the same time, thats a very good ratio.
Sadly the majority wont even try to kill you if he does ont hold all the cards (turn rate, numerical superiority, altitude etc etc). Heck i seen many many spixes running away from a g6 or BnZing me forever then run to friends.
If this is what Jug is talking about, i can completely agree with him. This whole topic is about that ominose 4% who have cartoon balls to try other kinds of fun than flying straight and ho everyone..

btw Twinboom hymi was one of "those" spixes i mentioned  : )   i hope that was an unique case and hes better than that <S>

Actually I think this "whole topic" is who gives you a good fight but it was immediately used for those who constantly berrate everyone with their exalted opinions of how you should fight and if you aren't fighting that way or you disagree, well that's where the name calling and belittlement comes into play.  Then again, maybe that's what the OP wanted to discuss, I don't know.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »
My mistake Debrody, I read the title of the post and was remiss for not seeing it as "Lets discuss how 96% of people don't want to fight".
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 04:04:30 PM »
Lolz
I just wanted to salute those i like to fight against cuz they are brave. Jug stated something, Semp misunderstood it, i was tryin to correct them... uhoh...
idk what fuels you.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 04:12:09 PM »
I was harsh with my reply and uncivilized, I apologize.   :salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »
I was harsh with my reply and uncivilized, I apologize.   :salute

GUYS GUYS Consider your ways become men of Peace ............................. ....................... :rofl
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 05:06:20 PM »

btw Twinboom hymi was one of "those" spixes i mentioned  : )   i hope that was an unique case and hes better than that <S>

Edit: nope Zoney.

i find 4% thing wrong as I will see that majority of planes I encounter will try to fight and I find the minority will try to run.  cause seriously implying that when we get into a fight and 96% of the pilots turned tail dont happen.  I dont care if it's 3v1 or 10v1 most of the time that single or outnumbered players will fight anyway.  otherwise they wouldnt keep on upping at a capped base.  if 96% of the players only played to not lose vulching would be a thing of the past.  or upping fast to defend a base against an noe wouldnt happen either, unless it's only the 4% that up.

food for thought:  who is the dweeb, the semi-skilled guy who plays without trying to lose advantage and win or the guy who is so skilled that he will win against anybody.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 05:08:11 PM »
GUYS GUYS Consider your ways become men of Peace ............................. ....................... :rofl

:rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 05:11:52 PM »
I have found that the best fight out there usually occurs with a plane that has a red icon. :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 05:15:35 PM »
i find 4% thing wrong as I will see that majority of planes I encounter will try to fight and I find the minority will try to run.  cause seriously implying that when we get into a fight and 96% of the pilots turned tail dont happen.  I dont care if it's 3v1 or 10v1 most of the time that single or outnumbered players will fight anyway.  otherwise they wouldnt keep on upping at a capped base.  if 96% of the players only played to not lose vulching would be a thing of the past.  or upping fast to defend a base against an noe wouldnt happen either, unless it's only the 4% that up.

food for thought:  who is the dweeb, the semi-skilled guy who plays without trying to lose advantage and win or the guy who is so skilled that he will win against anybody.

semp

Please refrain from redefining what I said, I never said a thing about turning tail and running.

There is a grand canyon of difference tween those who play to win and those who play not to lose. If you are struggling with this concept please know you are in the 96%
 :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »
StSanta... Kirin.. Wilbuz in the 152.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
Please refrain from redefining what I said, I never said a thing about turning tail and running.

There is a grand canyon of difference tween those who play to win and those who play not to lose. If you are struggling with this concept please know you are in the 96%

JUGgler
:lol  what juggler listens to before starting ah... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMt0v-pD2DU

what juggler listens to while playing ah... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSycAuQb4n8

:D   :D   :D   :D  :neener:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline ScottyK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2011, 06:25:44 PM »
 :salute fun fights we had yesterday between A222 and A70, sweaty palm fights are the best. A big salute to six O for staying out, we were both amazed how debrody could turn that FW190A5. IMO people who stay out of a 1 v 1 get the most respect from me. Anyone i come across is a great fight whether i lose (which is most of the time) or if im successfull at winning the fight.  Me changing countries everymonth this past year has increased my respect for everyone. 
Childhood is over the moment you know your gonna die.  Fight not to Fail, or end up like the others.   In my crate, im the commander.

IGN: Scotty57

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2011, 06:35:13 PM »

JUGgler

:rofl