Author Topic: The best fight out there  (Read 5990 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: The best fight out there
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 06:54:44 PM »

Please refrain from redefining what I said, I never said a thing about turning tail and running.

There is a grand canyon of difference tween those who play to win and those who play not to lose. If you are struggling with this concept please know you are in the 96%
 :aok

JUGgler

obiwantobekenobi perhaps you should enlighten me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 07:09:53 PM »

semp
He tried twice. It's on you now :aok

Offline Mitsu.

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:42 PM »
StSanta... Kirin.. Wilbuz in the 152.

Agreed...and NathBDP, Citabria, Torque...

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »

semp

I think I can give you an example from the other night.  I was in a Spit V since I'm flying it in the scenario.  The dar bars were large for both sides.  As I edged away from the field, it was our green guys mobbing one or two red guys.  I moved away from that and started towards where i figured the incoming red mob would be.  Above me was a 51D going the same way.  He tried to BnZ me, very poorly a couple times then put his nose down and ran.  I wasn't going to catch anything in a Spit V.  He took me to a high Ki-84 and a 109K.  The 84 rolled in and I thought this could be a decent fight. we were dancing for a bit when I saw a Spit 16 entering the fight.  So be it.  He missed his attempt to pick but stayed in the fight so I was now dancing with the 84 and 16 in my Spit V.  The 109K then came down into the fight.  His timing was poor as well and soon it was the three of them and me.  I got pieces off the 16 so he put the nose down and ran.  What do I see?  It's the original 51 roaring back at light speed.  He misses his shot and roars out the other side while the 109K and 84 continue to fight.  This happens two or three more times before the 51 finally nails me as I'm trying to get the angle on the Ki-84.

The only dweeb in that fight besides myself was the 51 driver who let other folks do all the work for him and stole their kill.  He no doubt was yelling for help all the way to his buddies and they obliged.  Then he found his cartoon 'courage' and came back in at no risk.  I'm not saying he should have turn fought a Spit Vb 1 v 1, but with alt and E, and just a Spit V below him, he hardly needed the help of three other birds to fight.

That's flying not to lose, instead of flying to try and win.

In the end it's a cartoon airplane and life.  There is nothing to lose so why not see what you can do?

I could just as easily have stayed with the larger green mob and been 'safe'.  But how boring is that?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »
if that there pee51 was semp, which it could be, that there would be a hard hitting 96% epiphany..  :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2011, 07:41:46 PM »
He tried twice. It's on you now :aok

please highlight were he tried, as i missed it. not trying to confront him but i am more curious as to what he means.

semp

I think I can give you an example from the other night.  I was in a Spit V since I'm flying it in the scenario.  The dar bars were large for both sides.  As I edged away from the field, it was our green guys mobbing one or two red guys.  I moved away from that and started towards where i figured the incoming red mob would be.  Above me was a 51D going the same way.  He tried to BnZ me, very poorly a couple times then put his nose down and ran.  I wasn't going to catch anything in a Spit V.  He took me to a high Ki-84 and a 109K.  The 84 rolled in and I thought this could be a decent fight. we were dancing for a bit when I saw a Spit 16 entering the fight.  So be it.  He missed his attempt to pick but stayed in the fight so I was now dancing with the 84 and 16 in my Spit V.  The 109K then came down into the fight.  His timing was poor as well and soon it was the three of them and me.  I got pieces off the 16 so he put the nose down and ran.  What do I see?  It's the original 51 roaring back at light speed.  He misses his shot and roars out the other side while the 109K and 84 continue to fight.  This happens two or three more times before the 51 finally nails me as I'm trying to get the angle on the Ki-84.

The only dweeb in that fight besides myself was the 51 driver who let other folks do all the work for him and stole their kill.  He no doubt was yelling for help all the way to his buddies and they obliged.  Then he found his cartoon 'courage' and came back in at no risk.  I'm not saying he should have turn fought a Spit Vb 1 v 1, but with alt and E, and just a Spit V below him, he hardly needed the help of three other birds to fight.

In the end it's a cartoon airplane and life.  There is nothing to lose so why not see what you can do?

I could just as easily have stayed with the larger green mob and been 'safe'.  But how boring is that?

still doesnt look like 4% to me.  it was one out of many.  I have done that and did that last night.  a pony cant turn with a spit we all know that, actually i bypassed several spits as i got close to helping our base that was overwhelmed by many red cons.  but to be honest they got the base as they brought spits and stopped bringing 190's and ponys and p47s :).

semp

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
I think I can give you an example from the other night.  I was in a Spit V since I'm flying it in the scenario.  The dar bars were large for both sides.  As I edged away from the field, it was our green guys mobbing one or two red guys.  I moved away from that and started towards where i figured the incoming red mob would be.  Above me was a 51D going the same way.  He tried to BnZ me, very poorly a couple times then put his nose down and ran.  I wasn't going to catch anything in a Spit V.  He took me to a high Ki-84 and a 109K.  The 84 rolled in and I thought this could be a decent fight. we were dancing for a bit when I saw a Spit 16 entering the fight.  So be it.  He missed his attempt to pick but stayed in the fight so I was now dancing with the 84 and 16 in my Spit V.  The 109K then came down into the fight.  His timing was poor as well and soon it was the three of them and me.  I got pieces off the 16 so he put the nose down and ran.  What do I see?  It's the original 51 roaring back at light speed.  He misses his shot and roars out the other side while the 109K and 84 continue to fight.  This happens two or three more times before the 51 finally nails me as I'm trying to get the angle on the Ki-84.

The only dweeb in that fight besides myself was the 51 driver who let other folks do all the work for him and stole their kill.  He no doubt was yelling for help all the way to his buddies and they obliged.  Then he found his cartoon 'courage' and came back in at no risk.  I'm not saying he should have turn fought a Spit Vb 1 v 1, but with alt and E, and just a Spit V below him, he hardly needed the help of three other birds to fight.

In the end it's a cartoon airplane and life.  There is nothing to lose so why not see what you can do?

I could just as easily have stayed with the larger green mob and been 'safe'.  But how boring is that?

I laid the stinky chum on quite heavy for this, semp understands he just likes me sooooooooooooooooooooo much  ;)

Some folks are attracted to the highest quantity of the stinkiest chum!

Oh well!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 11:34:55 PM »
Any 109 is a good fight.  Love watching how other people fly it.

99% of 51s and 190Ds are super boring. . . such a shame.  Dying is part of the learning process.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 11:57:32 PM »
Never found 109s and 190s to be a fun fight. 99% of the ones ive ran into try so desperately  to HO you.Only fun 109 fights ive had were from the members of the AvA.  :salute

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »
Never found 109s and 190s to be a fun fight. 99% of the ones ive ran into try so desperately  to HO you.Only fun 109 fights ive had were from the members of the AvA.  :salute

Before my hiatus a few years ago I used to run into agent360 in his cow spotted K4, and as soon as I saw that skin I knew I was in for a good fight.  38 v 109 on the deck, slow and vertical, always loved those.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2011, 12:24:42 AM »
I laid the stinky chum on quite heavy for this, semp understands he just likes me sooooooooooooooooooooo much  ;)

Some folks are attracted to the highest quantity of the stinkiest chum!

Oh well!

JUGgler

so you gonna explain what you mean or you gonna stick to bs again?

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 01:56:41 AM »
I lol-ed.
The highest concentration of the good sticks/good fights are amongst the dedicated 109 and p-38 pilots. imo
AoM
City of ice

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2011, 02:03:14 AM »
You know who will be chiming in that he's not on the list :lol

Me  :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:07 AM »
Today has been a blast, between DrBone, Debrody and countless others I have to say I have not seen better dogfighting in a very long time.

Its been very rare lately to see a good old fashion dogfight, especially in the late war main arena, typically its either a horde or nobody will up, today it seems everyone was out just having a good time.

Lately it seems everyone is at 16k wanting 1 pass on a target then run as many sectors as they have fuel.
I don't know maybe vDallas is the newest training instructor in the training arena, lately I have not seen any interest in furballing.

JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2011, 02:45:06 AM »

Find perdweeb, or any member of Kommando Nowotny.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"