Author Topic: Teh Hordez  (Read 45350 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Teh Hordez
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »
As long as the revolving door of "gamers" keeps the subscription rate even or better your not going to see any real changes. Unfortunately this game doesn't update as quick as WOW and the other games so it won't hold the interest of as many and slowly, over time it will just fade away. Kinda sad really.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 11:15:23 AM »
Don't blame the player, blame the map.

In this case at least.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 11:21:59 AM »
As long as the revolving door of "gamers" keeps the subscription rate even or better your not going to see any real changes. Unfortunately this game doesn't update as quick as WOW and the other games so it won't hold the interest of as many and slowly, over time it will just fade away. Kinda sad really.

B.S.!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2011, 11:53:55 AM »
Don't generally comment, but I would like to say that I have seen you out of the horde far more than in it, wil. Since you are one I recognize, like shiv, from in game, I would say both of you must be around where I end up, more often fighting against a growing dar bar that we almost always are on the lower side of.
I too hate the horde, either side, and try to up against it until my graphics card can no longer take the pain, and fly away from it if it is green. Figthing with a FR of 1 is making it too easy for the red guys, I am bad enough without that.

:cheers:
Bob (jeep00)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Don't blame the player, blame the map.

In this case at least.
Im not as sure in this.
AoM
City of ice

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »
The horde is a valuable tool. It gathers all the chaff into one area so that the wheat can thrive elsewhere.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
Im not as sure in this.

i had the same thought, i would like to know which map deters one from the horde, i've played every many 100's of times and the hordes are on every map. it's not map driven it's player driven.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 12:32:13 PM »
This is why I would like to see more objectives added to the  "win the war" dynamic.  There have been plenty of other threads/topics over the years in reference to these ideas.  Yet, none have really been added.  Bringing the old strat system back, or adding additional strat targets, hardening of targets, etc. are just a few ideas that have been mentioned that may affect the current state of game play for the better IMO.  What say you?

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »
The horde dominates in AH because of the absolute desire to be on a "winning" team.  The horde sure as Hell doesn't exist to go find a battle, for 30v1 odds is not a battle.  If players get to be a part of the "winning" team regardless of their contribution, then their ego gets a refill, their self worth gets a boost, and they get a gold medal from the Special Olympics.  Oh the fun! 

The number of people who up aircraft to fight a dogfight (furball if they must), attack ground targets for fun, or otherwise NOT to capture the base or winz the map is getting more and more evident.  Pick-n-runners and circle jerkers ... er... I mean spawn campers seem to be the name of the game. Too bad.   

HTC have done good things in updating the terrain files (but no winter or desert MA maps?!?!?!) , adding in aircraft and gv's, and creating accurate as can be flight models.  I'm disappointed in the lack of tertiary targets to hit since the introduction of the new strategic target (industrial complex), the ease in which fleets are sunk, and the same-same in hardness settings (hardened concrete ammo bunkers should be far more difficult to destroy that plywood barracks, etc).  I also scratch my head when I compare tank HE rounds, there is a lot of discrepancies explosives within different HE rounds in the real world that have the same exact damage in AH.       

HTC adjusted the dar-bar and radar ring NOE settings and that stopped the 15+ 110G-2 rapist missions that seemed to dominate AH for first couple of years of my playing (started Jan '08), but now we have the massive 20+ P51D missions with fully armed (3k ords and guns) jabos that level the entire base, then pick apart the town at their leisure.  Oh the fun.             

Sorry for the tangent... but yeah, AH has lost some of its appeal since the massive 30v1 P51D jabos are the bulk of what is being seen.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
Many people have said it before me, but I also fail to understand how anyone can find fun flying in the middle of the horde, doing absolutely nothing except aimlessly flying around. Imagine you are part of this big blob...right in the middle of it.... The guys ahead of you get to the base, smash everything in sight, and by the time you get to the target there is nothing left to kill. You end up flying in circles over the runway in hopes of a vulch until the base is taken by 1 of 15 goons or m3s that are spammed in. What did you do? Nothing. You did absolutely nothing. I'm sorry, but if you find "fun" in that, you must be the most boring, unambitious person on the planet. This is the vTards in a nutshell. Boring, unambitious, unskilled, predictable....The only thing they have going for them is massive numbers. In real life that might mean something. In a game, it basically means they concede that they are so bad they cant do it any other way. I pick on the vTards not because they are the only ones doing it, they are just the most extreme example. The best people are the vTard groupies who follow them whenever they switch countries because they need to be able to hide in the massive horde. It's pretty sad when you cant even come up with virtual courage in a video game. In the end its their 15 bucks and I guess they can do whatever they want with it....I will just never understand that mentality.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »
But what is the Horde "winning" other than perk points? any good stick can rack up 25 fighter perks in a few sorties same for GV's and Bombers  so what are they really winning?  fighting the Horde is no longer fun, like many have said you get into a fight in the horde 7 others will dive in on you the second your engaged with a con, you turn to engage the 7 and they run or bail, yea great fun.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 01:25:36 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »
Im not as sure in this.

Hard to complain about hording when there's a limited number of fights. And that's what happens on Trinity.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 01:28:52 PM »
i had the same thought, i would like to know which map deters one from the horde, i've played every many 100's of times and the hordes are on every map. it's not map driven it's player driven.

It's not that there are maps that deter hordes; it's that this one pretty much only has hordes.

On the other ones there's usually an alternative.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 01:39:43 PM »
SmokinLoon may be right.
Why i cant see any noe mission nowadays?
Becouse theres practically no noe! Until the radar shows a plane what is flying under treetop level (yes, 65 feet is under treetop), they will never attempt a sneak attack.
Whats their choice? Get in the fastest ride (pony) so skill wont really matter (a monkey can run away straight too), get large numbers (more is better, even more, even bettah), get to 15k (if someones still higher than you, you can shallow dive to the nearest friendly base woohoo), then let the game begin.
Whats this game about? Ho-Pick-Run. Nothing else.
Back in the past, the plane i could kill the most was the spitfire 8-9-16. Bloody hell, in the first 2 weeks this month i couldnt kill a single spixie. Not couse im lame, sure im lame but still i can outtfly most of the spixes. I havent seen one (1) to play with! All i seen was ponies, 190s, tiffies, lalas. Guess, they werent on the deck. Nor were trying to fight, just ran away after 2-3 BnZ/Ho passes (talkin about the lalas. the others arent capable dogfighters, i dont except them to turn).
Today i had 20 mins for a quick flight. Seen a c205 8-10k above me, was thinking, hey it might be a good fight, my plane is a bit better (g6), he has alt, should be fun. He had one (1) BnZ pass and one head on pass on me, then choosed  to run to his ack (8-9 miles away), spiced with some stick stir. Its not an unique thing, i get it from 95% of the players. Then a same behaving player submits his newest squad name: "killer of the irish NUN". LMFAO
Pathetic, low, lame, boring. This is not my game anymore. And telling you, if there wont be a radical change, this game will die out in 2-3 years. Aces low. Consider this!!
My tail is full with it at all.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »
now posting as SirNuke