Author Topic: Teh Hordez  (Read 45363 times)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
Re: Teh Hordez
« Reply #330 on: November 28, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
In regards of CV being sunk and the fun ends. My thought is simple. If it is there, use it or lose it (while defending against buffs, those are what the guns on it are for)
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #331 on: November 28, 2011, 03:09:49 PM »
The CV has guns???  :bhead now I know why i get shot down..
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #332 on: November 28, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »
And once again you have created drama where there isnt any to make yourself look sharper than you actually are.   I have no drama in this.  I was merely stating facts.  I will say it again only this time with more detail so you have a much more difficult time moving the story line around to suit your needs.

CV off a base that was only under threat of fighters...had been going on for an hour and a half (ask Agent360, Krup, Floatsup, Beavis) and several folks left it up because the base was not threatened.  In fact, Floats upped a giant mission from the base and was wasn't under any threat during his groups lift.  I asked to leave the CV up, Agent asked and a couple of others asked to leave it...the answer from Waystin was no.  Simple as that.  My contention is and why it isn't hypocrisy as you ridiculously claim is for the reasons below:

1.  Base was under no threat.  I have asked for CVs to be sunk when the base is going down.  Two completely different situations.   Please explain how you see this as hypocrisy.  Choose carefully.  One is to let 15 or 20 people keep fighting and having fun and the other is to save a base from being taken when it's being so overwhelmed players can't even get off the runway to defend it. 

Try hard to stick with the initial argument...try real hard not to bring other situations that arent relevant, like reporting people etc etc.   let's get this hypocrisy claim out of the way and then we can move on to your other reindeer games.

I have stated all of this already so if someone is having difficulty with reading comprehension, you need look no further than yourself.

because just as easy as you are only dogfighting it can turn into a base take.  what happens when all the ack is gone and vulching begins?  or you honestly can tell me that vulching given the opportunity wont begin, or that if no fighters are upping there then people begins to blow up the town?

a dogfighting situation will turn into a base take in no time.  we did it last night many times, we went for a good furball we killed them, then we vulched, then we took the base.  then we moved to the next base.  it's not a biggie, given the oportunity the rooks/bishops would have done the same to us.  but of course you can guarantee that a base wont be taken because you are only dogfighting right?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #333 on: November 28, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
because just as easy as you are only dogfighting it can turn into a base take.  what happens when all the ack is gone and vulching begins?  or you honestly can tell me that vulching given the opportunity wont begin, or that if no fighters are upping there then people begins to blow up the town?

a dogfighting situation will turn into a base take in no time.  we did it last night many times, we went for a good furball we killed them, then we vulched, then we took the base.  then we moved to the next base.  it's not a biggie, given the oportunity the rooks/bishops would have done the same to us.  but of course you can guarantee that a base wont be taken because you are only dogfighting right?

semp

Nope, I cant guarantee that...but that's why I called you in so many times before, lmao!  It was a nice furball for a while, guys started logging back to real life, the furball got out of control in the enemy's favor and you came in and sank it.  A couple of hours of fun furballing that got out of control at the end and you saved the base.  Same thing would have happened the other night I suspect...any player can tell when the base furballers are getting overwhelmed...I was only asking to let it get closer to that point so 20 guys can have some fun... :aok

And if you are being honest Semp, one of the biggest reasons why it turns into a base take when the Pigs are doing it is because that squad is big enough to control the tempo of just about any fight out of shear numbers...I know because I was in that squad so that isn't a very good example.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:38:00 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #334 on: November 28, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
This is better than being bored on a Monday after a long weekend  :aok

(Image removed from quote.)

O' wait!!!   :banana: :banana: :banana:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #335 on: November 28, 2011, 03:43:29 PM »
OK who said purse fight???

(Image removed from quote.)

Changeup i think what everyone is saying and I am sure alot of people think the same thing is, IF ITS RED ITS DEAD! If I find a CV off shore of one of my bases I will do everything to sink it, I don't care what others think of me. If I see a mass horde coming to a base i will up and try to defend it to the best of my abilities. If I see GV's and I have a bomb, they can play catch with me... I dont care what anyone thinks of me.

LawnDart

I understand what everyone is saying.  Its the same principal of asking someone if they need help before jumping into 1 v 1...some guys want the fight, win or lose and they don't want anyone interrupting it.  I ask almost everytime before picking someone in that situation...just because I think its the right thing to do.  It doesn't mean that everyone else should do it.  I asked, Waystin answered.  Nuff said.  I think killing a fight where a bunch of guys are having a good time is salamanderish, I think interrupting a 1 v 1 to save someone that wants to fight it out is salamanderish...it in no way means I'm right...I think people should ask is all.  IMO, just because it's red doesn't mean it needs to die just yet....or just because I want it to. :salute

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #336 on: November 28, 2011, 04:11:45 PM »
So basically if you are in a fight with 15 other green guys and 20 red guys because a CV is there it is our responsibility to ask on country " Can I sink the CV or do I leave it alone?" Because I will personally sink the dammed thing regardless. I am here to do what i want, when I want no matter who likes what i do. They do it to us so WTF I will do the same.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: November 28, 2011, 04:12:42 PM »
So basically if you are in a fight with 15 other green guys and 20 red guys because a CV is there it is our responsibility to ask on country " Can I sink the CV or do I leave it alone?" Because I will personally sink the dammed thing regardless. I am here to do what i want, when I want no matter who likes what i do. They do it to us so WTF I will do the same.

:rofl :rofl

this is a very LAME way of thinking. :aok

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #338 on: November 28, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »
I think killing a fight where a bunch of guys are having a good time is salamanderish,

Hypothetically speaking, if one is in position to kill the CV, and one asks if it is desirable to kill the CV, what happens if he gets conflicting instructions?

Does it need to be unanimous?  If not, is a simple majority enough?  Should the voting be done via PM so people aren't influenced by the votes of the others in the fight?  Do the people who get shot down while submitting their vote still count?

If people are going to come to a consensus on this, they need to set some ground rules.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #339 on: November 28, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »
Well INK isnt it true? When your country men have a CV off shore doesn't the horde do everything possible to sink it and end the fight?? From what I am reading Changeup wants everyone to leave them alone so as to have a furball fight. I just figured I would express the truth as to what alot of people do in the MA.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #340 on: November 28, 2011, 04:22:40 PM »
I am here to do what i want, when I want no matter who likes what i do. They do it to us so WTF I will do the same.

I will say it again for those of you that are bound and determined to be S L O W and who believe they are somehow getting larger gonads by appearing to dogpile one guy's concept.

Its what I do and its what I think is right.  A fight that a bunch of guys are involved in gets killed because of a guy like you who believes the quote above is the right way to be.  I'm saying its not WHAT I WOULD DO BECAUSE I THINK THAT ATTITUDE IS COMPLETE AND UTTER BULL^&IT.  That attitude makes everything in the game about YOU.  While I understand that you are that kind of person, it doesn't make you right and me wrong...it just makes you....well, you, lmao!  Like I said, I asked and Waystin said NO, sink it.  Ok...I think its lameass stuff...you gonna tell me how I should feel now? 

Carry the hell on with that!  I hope it works out for you :rock

Changeup
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:25:12 PM by Changeup »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #341 on: November 28, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
Well INK isnt it true? When your country men have a CV off shore doesn't the horde do everything possible to sink it and end the fight?? From what I am reading Changeup wants everyone to leave them alone so as to have a furball fight. I just figured I would express the truth as to what alot of people do in the MA.

And what YOU would do...others be damned right?  I mean that's what you said....I can quote it for you if you like.  Its only a couple of lines up...

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #342 on: November 28, 2011, 04:31:36 PM »
Hypothetically speaking, if one is in position to kill the CV, and one asks if it is desirable to kill the CV, what happens if he gets conflicting instructions?

Does it need to be unanimous?  If not, is a simple majority enough?  Should the voting be done via PM so people aren't influenced by the votes of the others in the fight?  Do the people who get shot down while submitting their vote still count?

If people are going to come to a consensus on this, they need to set some ground rules.

Wiley.

Wiley,

I understand the argument you are trying to make and to some degree I agree with it.  However, any reasonable person would be able to look at the fight and listen to VOX and make a determination on whether things are out of hand or if 14 guys are upping from the field while 12 guys are inbound with green guys giving them hell, how far the CV is from shore, the time it takes for the incoming cons to get to the target while climbing to alt, etc etc etc. 

In any case, if some guys are already inbound to sink the CV because we just took the port that CV belongs to, cool....I'm not trying to ask anyone to manage the exceptions because those are not going to get managed...but ruining a good fight just because you CAN?  Come on bro...you've been playing this game for long enough to know the difference.  I've flown around and with you a lot and I am certain you get it.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #343 on: November 28, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
To sink a CV or not... Both arguements are as valid as each other, under the anything goes MA rules.

You guys are going around in circles.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DOUG

• Copper Member
« Reply #344 on: November 28, 2011, 04:36:49 PM »
 I am here to do what i want, when I want no matter who likes what i do. They do it to us so WTF I will do the same.

WOW!  :uhoh       just, WOW :(
I HOPE this is your EffedUp attitude in this GAME only, and not life in general....but Id give odds against that.
Prime example of why we should take after Isreal and force everyone to do atleast 2-3years in the military.
 :old:  :neener:    elfy
"UsedToDoALittleButTheLittleWo uldntDoIt,So the Little gotMore andMore,JustKeepTryingToGet a littleBetterIsaid aLittleBetterThanBefore"...A.Rose
AK elfy-1st ArabianKnight recruited in AH- May 7,2000