Author Topic: Teh Hordez  (Read 45415 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Teh Hordez
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »
To be honest with you the best ones happen inside the MA's, even if they are extremely rare. The reason is many times they don't start with all participants at same 'e' states and definitely not all the same plane and again many times 2-3 on 1.  Fighting your way out of a mess is the most fun in game, even if you don't win, but having a chance is the key.

Right.  That doesn't happen on the deck under 30 bandits, I agree.

I quite often find 2s and 3s above them though.  Occasionally some of them are even looking for a fight.

Now by the sound of it the situation that started this thread was extreme,  I wasn't on.  However, it's silly to head to an empty sector looking for a horde to fight, why would you head for a horde looking for a couple bandits to fight with?  I can't recall a play session where  there were absolutely no two or three plane red bar dars available on the map.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
Gonna take a chance here and speak for bunnies.  That's not what gets the adrenalin pumping.  Proving that you can out bore and snore the other guy to death just doesn't do it.

:aok :aok couldn't have said it better myself.

Its not TnB'n its about quickly thinking how to position your plane to where you think the other guy will be in 2 sec. much like a high speed chess match.

However, it's silly to head to an empty sector looking for a horde to fight, why would you head for a horde looking for a couple bandits to fight with?  I can't recall a play session where  there were absolutely no two or three plane red bar dars available on the map.

The problem is that few are willing to fight unless they can gang you (ie they run away). Furthermore, it not uncommon to look at the map and see only 2 kinds of fights, hordes & milk runners. Maybe this is because I live on the PST time zone so there are less players, (usually about 75-150).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:33:48 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline WYOKIDIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »
What is the confusion guys ? If you want to dual go to the DA . If you don't want to follow the horde or be swarmed by an enemy horde , go somewhere else . Really it's just that simple . (Skuzzy should lock this thread for it's repetative redundency)
Sooo....What , are those guys here to kill you because God forgot too ?

Hank Venture

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2011, 04:38:30 PM »
I have to agree 100% with Wil3er on this thread.  It happens in midwar as well.  The Knights in Midwar roll 2 to 3 maps per day.
 :salute
TeeArr

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2011, 04:41:03 PM »
Right.  That doesn't happen on the deck under 30 bandits, I agree.

I quite often find 2s and 3s above them though.  Occasionally some of them are even looking for a fight.

Now by the sound of it the situation that started this thread was extreme,  I wasn't on.  However, it's silly to head to an empty sector looking for a horde to fight, why would you head for a horde looking for a couple bandits to fight with?  I can't recall a play session where  there were absolutely no two or three plane red bar dars available on the map.

Wiley.

I too think it is silly to think anyone will find that kind of fight in a massive horde. I only added my comment as a response to why the (what I call) lazy BnZ passes and lacking the adrenaline filled adventure many of us are looking for.

I believe the OP was merely trying to ascertain why people would want to make people not want to play any more and why that would even remotely find it fun and had absolutely nothing to do with whether BnZ is fun or TnB.

I also rarely find the 2's and 3's above them even remotely interested  in fighting, only running to their friends below the moment you get on their six.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 04:53:08 PM »
The problem is that few are willing to fight unless they can gang you (ie they run away).

Which is why I mentioned the fast plane, and horrendous E advantage.  This makes their running away harder.

Furthermore, it not uncommon to look at the map and see only 2 kinds of fights, hordes & milk runners. Maybe this is because I live on the PST time zone so there are less players, (usually about 75-150).

Ah.  Yeah, I run by you once in a while a bit later in my normal play sessions (I'm MST).

Timing really seems to radically alter peoples' gaming experiences, and I think that's why a lot of people simply can't fathom what others are talking about.  Best numbers seem to center on EST primetime, anything outside that is a completely different gaming experience, I agree.

Later on in my evening, which would probably be smack in the middle of yours, I agree it often gets to the point where there's an unopposed horde running around and a few singletons or pairs off in other parts of the map.  The singletons and pairs are sometimes just milk running to give them something to do until someone comes along to fight them, but yeah, I agree some of them are in something fast that will run as soon as they see you.

I guess the way I look at the MAs is, I can't expect anybody to give me a chance at them, I have to take it in some way.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »
I also rarely find the 2's and 3's above them even remotely interested  in fighting, only running to their friends below the moment you get on their six.

True, that's what often happens.  That just means the next highest bandit is now on the plate.  He may want to fight.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »
Until HiTech makes a radical change in the overall game play paradigme.

You can only change the game as it is if he accepts your request in the first place. Then it's a backend administrators change of  the white flag percentage, radar minimums, and object hardness. Then the hoard will spend 1-2 tours finding a way to adapt to the change and return to rolling bases because that is the kind of human being they are. Because of the kind of human being you are, you will happily feast on them while they are learning to manage the new risk requirments.

Anything else is the Lions asking Ceaser to make the Lambs act like Lions. And probably next week the Lambs will have the same post asking Ceaser to make the Lions act like Lambs.

Adrenalin junkies versus the kids who drop cinder blocks from highway overpasses and run away.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2011, 05:12:38 PM »
True, that's what often happens.  That just means the next highest bandit is now on the plate.  He may want to fight.

Wiley.

There is always that chance but after a while it gets pretty boring spending the extra time to fly to that alt just to have all of the 2-3 run off and avoid the fight all together.

I know it must sound fairly lazy but I really get tired of spending more time getting to the fight than actually fighting it. Which is why I prefer to fly from a base being attacked by at most 2 to 3 cons even if they have a slight advantage over me, unfortunately these have become extremely rare of late.

Oh well, I know I will have to find another method of fun, but I am very sure it won't consist of BnZ type of action. zzzzzzzzz

:salute
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »
Dang Debrody, your posts are quite dramatic.

Fun is what you make of it. Lets examine what you are looking for: a turn fight, 1 vs 1 with another AC that will comply with no HO attempts. Is
this correct?

I have seen you fly with a large group many times, a "hoard" if you will. How can a 1 vs 1 be found when many friendly and enemy are in the same area?

You’re a 109 flyer, yes?

Why not start out with altitude, B&Z them into a turn fight and battle on your terms? If you stay low and think your going to get someone to give up there energy advantage to engage you in a turn fight......well....you are correct, this may not be the game for you.

Respectfully

Jeffn
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30:49 PM »

Now it means NO Energy and you're going to get slaughtered if you do it.

Evidently you do not remember the vast number of 110's that attacked NOW against towns whiel a few Spit16's provided CAP while they 110's raped and pillaged? That was far more common when it could be done, with the radar setting at 65ft inside dar rings, it is a bit tougher to do.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2011, 05:35:10 PM »
Evidently you do not remember the vast number of 110's that attacked NOW against towns whiel a few Spit16's provided CAP while they 110's raped and pillaged? That was far more common when it could be done, with the radar setting at 65ft inside dar rings, it is a bit tougher to do.

I remember that. Heck, I used to DO that.

It can still be done too. Unfortunately, most players get hesitant when they are required to REALLY hug the deck. They prefer to just get into something fast, drop ords on or near target and then climb or run.
See Rule #4

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »
Until HiTech makes a radical change in the overall game play paradigme.

You can only change the game as it is if he accepts your request in the first place. Then it's a backend administrators change of  the white flag percentage, radar minimums, and object hardness. Then the hoard will spend 1-2 tours finding a way to adapt to the change and return to rolling bases because that is the kind of human being they are. Because of the kind of human being you are, you will happily feast on them while they are learning to manage the new risk requirments.

Anything else is the Lions asking Ceaser to make the Lambs act like Lions. And probably next week the Lambs will have the same post asking Ceaser to make the Lions act like Lambs.

Adrenalin junkies versus the kids who drop cinder blocks from highway overpasses and run away.

Bustr,

I was indeed pleasantly surprised when I saw HTC switch to a 50% town and white flag some months ago.  This did tame the Lions and added some teeth to the Lambs, to use your analogy.  Yes, the Lions  and some misguided Lambs cried foul..... "It is TOO EASY!!!!  :ahand my country was not able to win the war because it only takes one bomber to get a town white flagged, one attacker to deack and one goon to bring in 10 troops  :ahand "   <<< The horror you say???

HTC obliged and rolled back the town white flag percentage to 75%.  Now we have new flag system and the same old capture dynamics as before.  So, the stradegy rolls back to 2006 hordes and many complain that there has been no progress.  No wonder HTC would rather rearrange his sock drawer than try and design a new generation of AH that would no doubt raise criticism of how the game has been ruined, rather than improved. 

Another thing, folks that are in agreement with game play are in the arenas playing.  Those that are not, are on the forums ..... hopefully to give some wise suggestions for a new direction that would appease the majority and boost the games popularity and subscriptions.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2011, 07:48:14 PM »
What is the confusion guys ? If you want to dual go to the DA . If you don't want to follow the horde or be swarmed by an enemy horde , go somewhere else . Really it's just that simple . (Skuzzy should lock this thread for it's repetative redundency)

And that's the stupidly repetitive answer from someone comfortable in the horde.

No one is asking for the perfect 1 v 1.   Combat against multiple enemies is good fun.  Wading into a 4 v 4 or even an 8 v 4 can be fun.   Running into a never ending 8 v 1 gets old.

A dogfight in my mind is a swirling mass of planes, and the best dogfights happen when those numbers are roughly equal.

It has nothing to do with a co alt, 1 v 1 fight, which is why the same idiotic 'go to the DA' response gets really old.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
Screw the horde....they exist for those few that want to eat fresh meat....and hunting is good these days.  :aok

If you don't like um...change sides and kill their asses.  If you can't do it alone, call your friends, call your enemies...they will come to a fight.   Next question please...

Your good buddy,

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba