Author Topic: Should I call out someone on BBS  (Read 3284 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Should I call out someone on BBS
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 01:30:33 PM »
This is something that needs to be dealt with between the buyer, seller, and if HTC provided the avenue for sale then they too.

But otherwise... leave the rest of us out of this.  Seriously.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »
this^ it always seems to take 2 weeks just to receive something. Any less time and I feel I observed a miracle (with snail mail that is)

the person in question received it 2 weeks ago,( proof of delivery receipt)  lawndart mailed me a computer part and i had it in under a week(snail mail). lawndart lives in WI and I'm on the west coast(Oregon)

the dude he sold it to lives in the same state as lawndart, it doesn't take 2 weeks for a letter to travel within the same state.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 02:07:21 PM »
Best of Luck to ya LawnDart,

I myself have been burnt by 4 or 5 people (could be more) that have flown Aces high and some are kind of well known......

heck, I may even possibly have even burnt an AH member or squadmate/friend  but it wasn't done intentionally..... more than likely my forgetful mind can't remember the whole arrangement

most times though everything will work out accordingly as planned

but I would not call them out on the boards, least I have never done so to anyone.... I just let my close friends know or my squadmates know in private.......

edit: another thing- I have made it a point to archive all personal messages and emails, when they have to do with something of this nature, including phone messages

TC
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:13:17 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »
Short story..

Someone buys something from ya and then hasn't sent payment to ya after 2 weeks, refuses to answer Pm's and you have no way of contacting him/her. Do you call them out on the BBS and expose what you feel?? No names will be given so don't ask, but irony is what he is doing to me happened to him.

LawnDart
I'd give him a couple more weeks LawnDart, just to be sure.
Lighten up Francis

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 02:50:35 PM »
I was thinking on doing that but what i might do is wait till Monday and if no check then I will contact the local authorities in his area and then post here.

LawnDart

This is not a crime, it is a civil matter.  The police will do nothing to help you.  Get an attorney or take him to small claims.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 02:58:12 PM »
If you do, and you have proof that he really did rip you off, have your local police give HTC a call.
What has any of this to do with HTC?

personally, I'd call it out. Not just for a sense of personal justice but also as it may protect other people from being ripped off in the same way.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »
yeah leave him negative feedback on our BBS,  love it...
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »
I have sold 2 things and bought a couple of things on the bb.  never been burned, I ask for paypal payment as it is "safer".  I once delayed sending payment for one product I received only because paypal takes 1 week to credit your account when adding money.  but I called and apologized and as soon as the money was in I sent it.  which it was funny cause the guy sent me the product to "try" it out and If i liked it then send the money.  I liked it, still use it and I soon as I hooked it up I knew it was gonna work.

I always talk to people on the phone when buying/selling things first, always and they must have an ah account.  lots of people who go on the bb dont have an ah account and I would never send anything to anybody that just joined the bb.  I would never burn anybody, but if I get burned I would let others know.  I would pm to buttonhole's name to anybody that was selling stuff on the bb every time.

semp
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:39:59 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 03:48:09 PM »
Short story..

Someone buys something from ya and then hasn't sent payment to ya after 2 weeks, refuses to answer Pm's and you have no way of contacting him/her. Do you call them out on the BBS and expose what you feel?? No names will be given so don't ask, but irony is what he is doing to me happened to him.

LawnDart

i'd keep it off the bbs. call htc, explain to them, and see if they're willing or able to give you contact information such as phone number for this person. it's best kept between you and them i think.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 04:36:41 PM »
If HTC  is smart (and I'm guessing they are) they  will not divulge any personal data. The liability is too great. What's to stop someone from making a similar claim, falsely, just to get somones info and do lord knows what with it.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »
If HTC  is smart (and I'm guessing they are) they  will not divulge any personal data. The liability is too great. What's to stop someone from making a similar claim, falsely, just to get somones info and do lord knows what with it.

good points. my thought process, was to keep itbetween the 2 of them if at all possible.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »
Hmm this is about me, and the original poster isn't telling the truth.

The original poster agreed to overnight the package(purchase price included overnight shipping), which he didn't. He agreed to send it on a specific date, which he didn't.  He didn't send all the parts.  When I asked him about the missing parts, he said he'd send them out right away, which he didn't.  He hasn't sent me a single PM, at least  not one that I received. In the past, I  PM'd the original poster my phone number. He has never called me.

Because he had promised to overnight the package, I had two packages overnighted from Newegg so the rest of the PC parts would arrive at the same time. Since the original poster DIDNT overnight  the package as agreed, I wasted money on the overnight shipping of the stuff from Newegg.

Call the local cops.  After I have them in, finish a cup of coffee with them, and talk about our kids who all play hockey together(I'm one of the coaches), we'll have a good laugh at your expense.

By the way, Lawndart does NOT live in Wisconsin, he lives in PA.

Oh ya, one more thing:  I never agreed to payment terms so no matter what happens, short of not paying at all, I'm not in violation of any law or gentleman's agreement.  Let me know when you  are going to call the cops, I'll put on extra coffee.

As Paul Harvey used to say:  "And that's the rest of the story."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:42:20 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »
and that folks is yet another reason things like this should be kept 1-1./.......avoid embarrassment.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
but who here is telling the real truth? every story has 2 sides, and only one side is right and both sides claim to be right. is this not so CAP? not looking to add fuel to the fire, but someone here is lieing or sugarcoating the truth so as not to look as guilty.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 06:13:45 PM »
but who here is telling the real truth? every story has 2 sides, and only one side is right and both sides claim to be right. is this not so CAP? not looking to add fuel to the fire, but someone here is lieing or sugarcoating the truth so as not to look as guilty.

you are 100% correct. it would almost seem as if part of the truth is being left out by one or both of them. regardless of whether or not one or both of them are, things like this should be kept personal i think. i don't know either of them personally, so that makes it harder to judge.......but for instance.......if i just sold you a widget for your charger, and you sent me a bad check, i wouldn't think to bring that here. i'd take that up with you and you alone, using whatever means(legally of course) i had to use to get in touch with you. i wouldn't try to call in the law, or local police until i had given you ample time to take care of the problem.
 now, on the flip side of that, if i sent you a gadget, rather than the widget we had agreed upon, i would also expect the same courtesy from you as far as us handling the perceived problem.

jeezeee i friggin MUST be getting old.  :old:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"