Author Topic: a two day limit on Trinity  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: a two day limit on Trinity
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 03:39:55 PM »
And no map should be up more then a couple of days. They just get old to look at

And that's why the auto rotation has been implemented.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 08:19:48 AM »
And what pray tell is the time limit?
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »

:headscratch:  You make a thread but don't even bother to read the responses properly? Lusche has already enlightened you.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 10:42:12 AM »

I think they said 7 days, DREDIOCK.

It feels like longer though, like a week!   :D

I'd prefer a quicker rotation, just for some variety.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 11:12:31 AM »
Trinity is one of the best maps HTC has.  It offers the absolute BEST tank town offered in the MA's, too bad most "tankers" had to the circle jerk at 135  :bhead  .

Seriously though, Trinity offers it all.  What is not to like???  Wide open spaces, easy access fronts and enemy bases, fleets, etc etc.

Just to offer a differing opinion, and why wishes for this map or that are so tricky.  I really dislike this map, while GV fights may be good, it is not a very good map for furballers, or at least this particular furballer.  IMHO the bases are too far apart and mountains to high and numerous, between the distance of the fields and the mountains pushing players up I just see a lot of people cruising around at 20K.  One of my current frustrations with the game is the maps I like to see up and running tend to get steam rolled and reset within in a day or two while maps I really dislike seem to pop up every time I turn around and then linger for a week because they effectively can't be reset (I say seem to because I'm sure it doesn't come up as often as I feel it does, my perspective is likely skewed).

My wish would be that maps get a one week turn in the rotation regardless of how many times they're reset.  However I know that this would upset a contingent of the player base because it would mean maps that this player or that dislike would be up longer.  For instance I'd love to see Mindanao stay up for longer but a GV fan wouldn't like this because it's devoid (or nearly devoid) of remote GV spawns.

In the end it becomes a very tricky balancing act.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 02:32:44 PM »
Anything is better than Mundane.... er Mundanao. 

Trinity offers a lot of good things, it is one of the better maps, imo. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 01:58:21 AM »
Just to offer a differing opinion, and why wishes for this map or that are so tricky.  I really dislike this map, while GV fights may be good, it is not a very good map for furballers, or at least this particular furballer.  IMHO the bases are too far apart and mountains to high and numerous, between the distance of the fields and the mountains pushing players up I just see a lot of people cruising around at 20K.  One of my current frustrations with the game is the maps I like to see up and running tend to get steam rolled and reset within in a day or two while maps I really dislike seem to pop up every time I turn around and then linger for a week because they effectively can't be reset (I say seem to because I'm sure it doesn't come up as often as I feel it does, my perspective is likely skewed).

My wish would be that maps get a one week turn in the rotation regardless of how many times they're reset.  However I know that this would upset a contingent of the player base because it would mean maps that this player or that dislike would be up longer.  For instance I'd love to see Mindanao stay up for longer but a GV fan wouldn't like this because it's devoid (or nearly devoid) of remote GV spawns.

In the end it becomes a very tricky balancing act.

Exactly my feelings on Trinity. Though I didnt mind it nearly as much when there were alot more people on. We just dont have those kind of numbers anymore.
 While Minindoodoo isnt my particular favorite either the current one "the Grinder" is. But odds are it will be reset by the time I long in again tomorrow night. I dont mind if a map is up for 2 or 3 days. but 4,5,6  is a bit much and 7 is definitely too long.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 05:37:15 AM »
Exactly my feelings on Trinity. Though I didnt mind it nearly as much when there were alot more people on. We just dont have those kind of numbers anymore.
 While Minindoodoo isnt my particular favorite either the current one "the Grinder" is. But odds are it will be reset by the time I long in again tomorrow night. I dont mind if a map is up for 2 or 3 days. but 4,5,6  is a bit much and 7 is definitely too long.

You have to keep maps up for that long. Two or three days limit would take away too much of the chance to win the war on them. And we better do not eliminate this this from the game...

Just FYI, I did a survey on map rotation for three months during the summer. On average small maps had been up for slightly over one day, large maps for just over four. Trinity was indeed the map with longest average time (over 5 days), it went for the full 7 days two out of the five times it appeared.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2011, 06:01:13 PM »

Trinity was indeed the map with longest average time (over 5 days), it went for the full 7 days two out of the five times it appeared.

I dont mind if the other maps. even Minindoodoo are on for a few days. some need to be on more then the time they do get IMO. Even if that means just resetting the map and leaving the same map up

But would I be correct in guessing that Trinities average time as you describe was the most by no small margin?

Maybe while there should be a max time up. There should also be a minimum time limit as well.
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
But would I be correct in guessing that Trinities average time as you describe was the most by no small margin?

As I stated, average uptime for large maps was ~4 days per session, Trinty five. That is indeed notably more, but not by that much it requires a special "Lex Trinity". We also have occasionally have played that long on small maps like Mindanao or Grinder.

But actually the 7 day limit is such a "lex trinity" already. It has been introduced to prevent excessive times on maps... and it works. ;)

The only thing I would personally wish for is perhaps an adjusted, increased victory requirement for small maps, so they don't change that quickly. But then, it's not a big matter to me.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 07:12:08 AM »
<--- loves trinity's tanks fights. -1
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy