Author Topic: NOE Rules and standards  (Read 593 times)

Offline Twsted72

• Zinc Member
NOE Rules and standards
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
Here is my question.

I have seen plenty of threads covering how NOE is handled in game, however, none of the responses seem like they came from AH, more like assumptions based on practice (almost as valid).

How exactly does NOE work in the system?
How low do you have to be to not produce a dar bar in particular?
How many planes, could you fly at that level to not produce a dar bar?

I have flow with up to four other people under 100 ft, and none of us could see bar, when we were the only ones in sector.
I have also heard that anything over 65 ft will cause dar bar for more than two aircraft.

Thanks in advance.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: NOE Rules and standards
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 08:30:16 AM »
Here's a link to explain arena settings - just be aware that some of the default values listed have changed.

While in an arena, you can use the clipboard to view all the arena settings (even though you can't change anything, you can still see the settings).

RadarAlt is the value for radar dots.
SectorCounterAlt is the value for radar bars.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:04:21 AM »
I have also heard that anything over 65 ft will cause dar bar for more than two aircraft.

This and similar statements are probably coming from the fact that you can't see your own darbar.
But number of planes in a sector is irrelevant. Each plane above min dot alt will make one, each plane above min sector alt will contribute to the darbar.
Minimum altitudes are always AGL (above ground level), and terrain features (mountains) between you and the enemy radar do not protect you from being detected
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 01:01:03 PM »
This and similar statements are probably coming from the fact that you can't see your own darbar.
But number of planes in a sector is irrelevant. Each plane above min dot alt will make one, each plane above min sector alt will contribute to the darbar.
Minimum altitudes are always AGL (above ground level), and terrain features (mountains) between you and the enemy radar do not protect you from being detected

noe's are mostly found because at least 1 guy will keep breaking dar.  that and the fact that it's hard not to notice a base blinking with nobody around.  all is needed is about 10 seconds since noe went above dar for the alarm to be given and fighters to scramble.

here are some things that I look for to find noe's.

-time of play:  vtards were famous for doing only noe's late at night.
-lots of people in tower
-lots of people suddenly gone from the tower
-look around and find bases most likely to spawn noe's kill their ords if they get resupplied, wait for noe from there.
-if there has been one noe that same country is more than likely to spawn another noe, specially if lots of players stay in the tower.

in some maps it's so easy to discover noe's that there's lots of rumors about spies.  also I notice some noe's will ignore all the fighters till they drop their ords, this is bad as we can fly right by them on the way to kill the goons.  target the goons noe is a fail.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 10:23:57 PM »
While the settings are adjustable (meaning they can be changed by HTC in the main arenas) it's important to know that "Bar Dar" and "Dot Dar" are two completely different things.

Bar Dar is the bar at the top left of each sector that shows the ratio of friendly to enemy aircraft.  This used to be set to 500 feet although I believe it has been reduced to 200 feet.  IIRC one plane over that altitude will show a bar.  A second plane will not change the size of that bar but a third plane will.  Depending on how populated the arena is this bar can take from a couple of seconds to dozens of seconds to update.  I also personally believe this to be buggy as I've witnissed it first hand misbehaving on a number of occasions.  And no you can't see your own Bar Dar.

Dot Dar is what shows your plane's position on the map.  As long as your HQ is up you get to see all friendly dots but you ONLY see an enemy dot if it meets all three of the following criteria.  1> The plane must be above a certain altitude (which is 65 feet AGL last I heard).  2>  The plane must be inside the radar circle of a base and 3> The Radar at that base has to be up (as well as your HQ).

Keep in mind that the base flashing radar is different as well in that if you are in the radar ring of a base regardless of altitude and regardless of whether or not radar is up the base will flash.