Author Topic: For sale: EVGA GTX GEforce 285 vid card and Audigy 2 gamer sound card.  (Read 585 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
I'm selling the vid card, tossing the sound card in. Yes, you will take the sound card off my hands if you buy the vid card.  Price of the vid card is $0.00.  This card will just sit in a drawer til I throw it away so I'm hoping someone here needs it. Both cards are used, have about 3 or 4 years on them, but work great.   "Buyer" will pay for USPS ground shipping from Tomahawk WI.

Total price for vid and sound card= $0.00 plus USPS ground shipping from Tomahawk WI.

First person to respond in this thread gets it. *

* Please don't take this card unless you need it.  Let's make sure this card gets in the hands of someone who will really get an upgrade out of it.

DISCLAIMER: I had driver difficulty in windows 7 64 bit, with this card. If you use this OS, I recommend you pass on this hardware.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
Re: For sale: EVGA GTX GEforce 285 vid card and Audigy 2 gamer sound card.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »
Steve, I don't necessarily "need" a 285, but I would love an upgrade. I would be willing (if you agree) to upgrade to that and in turn offer my GPU for free on the boards. I currently use a GTX 260 and for AH it is perfect, but I play high-end games where the 260 struggles. :)

So, if the exchange seems fair I'd love it, but if not, that is very understandable to offer to someone that may be in a worse situation.

<S>
 X
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
Crap how can i shove a fourth one into my case, seriously thats a great card for someone needing a hella better grafics experence :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »
Steve, I don't necessarily "need" a 285, but I would love an upgrade. I would be willing (if you agree) to upgrade to that and in turn offer my GPU for free on the boards. I currently use a GTX 260 and for AH it is perfect, but I play high-end games where the 260 struggles. :)

So, if the exchange seems fair I'd love it, but if not, that is very understandable to offer to someone that may be in a worse situation.

<S>
 X

not that i have any major issues with my set up, but if you were to go ahead with Steve's offer. How would your card compare to what I already have, PNY 9800gtx?

If this would be of any noticeable increase, then I would be interested in yours and would offer mine up to anyone that it may increase their experience as well.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
not that i have any major issues with my set up, but if you were to go ahead with Steve's offer. How would your card compare to what I already have, PNY 9800gtx?

If this would be of any noticeable increase, then I would be interested in yours and would offer mine up to anyone that it may increase their experience as well.

Seems to be a variable increase, but benchmarks are less than reliable at times. I know for AH I run fully maxed (with shadows at 2-4K) with 60 FPS.
http://www.hwcompare.com/1803/geforce-9800-gtx-vs-geforce-gtx-260/
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »

Seems to be a variable increase, but benchmarks are less than reliable at times. I know for AH I run fully maxed (with shadows at 2-4K) with 60 FPS.
http://www.hwcompare.com/1803/geforce-9800-gtx-vs-geforce-gtx-260/

I think it may be of some help to me. I don't even run shadows at this time and it still taxes the system during those sorties that put me in very contested areas.

If your deal goes through, I would be interested in yours and offer mine up out to anyone that would use it to upgrade theirs as well.

BTW thanks for posting up that link. I never knew such a site existed and now will be able to do many of my own comparisons.

:salute
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 08:25:55 PM »
I have 8800 gt, does this fit in anywhere?
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 08:41:24 PM »
I have 8800 gt, does this fit in anywhere?

http://www.hwcompare.com/3863/geforce-8800-gt-1gb-vs-geforce-9800-gtx/

Looks like mine would be a slight increase over what you already have. Bear in mind one thing, my card is a what I call "double thickness" it is 2x as thick as your card is and you will need to make sure you have the room inside to put it. I know in my old computer space was an issue.

Edit: I just realized that (according to hwcompare) there are 3 different memory amounts for the 8800. The one I did the test for was the 1g card. It will change things if yours is the 512 or the 256.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:49:26 PM by dkff49 »
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 11:48:03 PM »
I would have plenty of room in my case and I am looking for a new card. I am looking at the 6000 series ATI cards or a 560ti. Just waiting for that special price to come along at the right time.

Actually my 8800gt is a later model and the difference between the 2(mine and your 9800) would be slight, not enough to mess around with.

I was just kidding around. Thanx anyway though.

The offer Steve has is pretty darn good, just need a good PSU to run it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 11:52:37 PM by cattb »
:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 05:15:03 AM »
uh..... 1st
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 08:45:35 AM »
So ummm, yeah.

Did anyone jump on this yet?
See Rule #4