Author Topic: Bombers: Score, Landed Damage Messages and Perks  (Read 570 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Bombers: Score, Landed Damage Messages and Perks
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
A clarification.

I was questioned about that topic today, and I thought I'm gonna explain it here too, as there seems to be some confusion about it.

Those three things are only loosely connected to each other. Particularly the Landed Damage Messages and score do not match up directly.

Landed Damage Messages (those you see in game):
These are based on damage you inflicted on enemy objects (ground targets). A ground target can get only a limited amount of damage before it's destroyed (whuda thought that? ;)) so that's also the limit for the display message. There are no variable modifiers on this whatsoever, so neither plane, country numbers or bomb type do matter (though the last one does indirectly). One town building will always yield up to 200 points.

Score points (The stuff that influences your rank)
They work differently: They also are based on damage points inflicted, but there is also a bonus for destroyed objects. That's why you can end up with (actual example) ~50k displayed damage in one B-17 town busting sortie with 12x500lb loadout and ~30k in another with 6x1000lb bombs, but both yielding the same result in terms of score points.
Score points are influenced by mission ending, i.e. landing gets you more points than bailing.

Perk Points
Are awarded on destroyed objects only. You can damage stuff and get both landing messages as well as score points for it, but as long as you really didn't kill it, you won't get any perks. The amount of perks you get is being influenced by the current perk modifier for your country as well as the OBJ rating if your bomber (similar to ENY rating)

In short again:
Landed Damage Message: pure damage inflicted
Score Points: damage inflicted and objects destroyed
Perk Points only objects destroyed (+ planes and GV killed, of course)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman