Author Topic: Could use some help if anyones interested  (Read 395 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Could use some help if anyones interested
« on: December 08, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »
I've been working on the designs for a Scenario or two, Fall Blau (Case Blue, aka the German 1942 offensive on the Eastern Front that cluminated in the Battle of Stalingrad) and Operation Citadel (Battle of Kursk), at the challenge of ROC, but got busy and forgot about it.I've got a list of aircraft and vehicles present in the battles for both sides.

I'm currently working on a list of units present at those battles, and at what point they entered combat but (for Fall Blau in particular) the Russian data is proving cumbersome. From what I understand of it, they organized their units into "Fronts", and thats how a lot of the data refers to Red Army forces, such as "Stalingrad Front", "Southwest Front", or "Briansk Front"  and often times the name was based on where they were located, with multiple Fronts existing simultaneously in the same location, Fronts being renamed or disolved into other units, only to reform later. This obviously makes it hard to exactly where their T-34 units or La-5FN squadrons were located on the maps, and place them appropriatly.

If anyone would be interested in helping me wade through the names and dates, making a list of units (in terms of Divisions, Squadrons, etc), and placing them appropriatly, it would be greatly appreciated. Help actually designing the scenario, and hammering out rough spots would be nice as well.

PM  me if you're interested.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"