Author Topic: Show us your INK  (Read 2133 times)

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
Re: Show us your INK
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »
I thought it'd be hers and hers.

That's for when you get married.  It will be on your  peg leg. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 04:41:39 PM »
Caduceus?? Sorry, I'm from Norway..   :headscratch:

That is the symbol from Hipocrates, it is a dagger, point down with 2 serpents curling around it with their heads ending up toward each other at the top of the hilt.  It is the symbol the American Medical Association adopted and is the symbol doctors worldwide still use on their "shingle".  The Hipocratic oath originated with Hipocrates also and is "Above all, do no harm".  If only that were still true.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 07:14:26 PM »
That is the symbol from Hipocrates, it is a dagger, point down with 2 serpents curling around it with their heads ending up toward each other at the top of the hilt.  It is the symbol the American Medical Association adopted and is the symbol doctors worldwide still use on their "shingle".  The Hipocratic oath originated with Hipocrates also and is "Above all, do no harm".  If only that were still true.

That is kinda the motto of my life.. Thanks for clearing up caduceus for me, never heard that word before.  :)

By the way, noticed your location is HELL. My location is close to Hell also, in Norway that is. We have a place here that is actually called Hell. ;)

Here is a pic from Hell railway station, where Gods gets expedited..  :devil

A little offtopic, but I just had to..  :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:29:15 PM by SAJ73 »
TheStig

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »
Both have historical significance related to my genealogy. Our entire genealogy, of which I have a copy of that has been kept in the family for generations ,is well documented dating back to Scotland in 1497 primarily on my mothers side.

Long story short...see photos.

My artist, Jason, has 19 years experience and was mentored by the Legendary Tattooer Jack Rudy...thus the outstanding detail in his work.

No, I'm not into dungeons and dragons but am into historical significance of my proud genetic lineage.  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:09:20 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 12:48:37 AM »
Both have historical significance related to my genealogy. Our entire genealogy, of which I have a copy of that has been kept in the family for generations ,is well documented dating back to Scotland in 1497 primarily on my mothers side.

Long story short...see photos.

My artist, Jason, has 19 years experience and was mentored by the Legendary Tattooer Jack Rudy...thus the outstanding detail in his work.

(Image removed from quote.)

No, I'm not into dungeons and dragons but am into historical significance of my proud genetic lineage.  :)

My ex's last name was Finley. The woman broke my heart!  :bhead

Really cool tho. I like the first one a lot!
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok