Author Topic: Night...  (Read 1974 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Night...
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 12:28:36 AM »
was hoping for someday that they will put navigation lights, landing lights and even lights on the gv's but o well

HTC is not going to put lights on aircraft that did not have them. Most WWII aircraft did not have lights. I have also yet to see a WWII with headlights.

PD: learn to calibrate your monitor/screen and you will have a great time, was hard to hit the planes but was a lot more fun.

What's the point of having night if your going to make your monitor show it like day?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:30:14 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 12:49:43 AM »
-1 to bringing night back to Aces High.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 01:12:09 AM »
when I started playing I played in the night, till somebody told me how to adjust my monitor to turn it into day.  and since most people actually just adjust their monitor then what was the point of calling it "night"?

I have a great idea: 

why not those who want night adjust their monitor so it can get darker?  rest of us just play as usual, because that's how many people will be playing in the dark.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 01:14:11 AM »
I have a great idea: 

why not those who want night adjust their monitor so it can get darker?  rest of us just play as usual, because that's how many people will be playing in the dark.

semp

:aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Vadjan-Sama

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 01:24:54 AM »
Just a big lol for you guys... calibrating the monitor isn't the same as turning up the contrast. When you have a calibrated monitor you don't even need to "re-adjust" the monitor for the night time cuz you can see pretty nice is dark but not black.. not the same but o well, yea you got it right night sux, who need something more that needs a lil more skill to get a kill  :noid
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 01:26:43 AM by Vadjan-Sama »
"I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled."

HiTech

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 01:29:43 AM »
when I started playing I played in the night, till somebody told me how to adjust my monitor to turn it into day.  and since most people actually just adjust their monitor then what was the point of calling it "night"?

I have a great idea: 

semp

clueless
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 01:30:54 AM »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 01:31:59 AM »
yes you are.

semp

Not even close

Vadjan-Sama has the right idea
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 01:38:46 AM »
Not even close

The right idea is to make night look like day and then hunt for people who don't cheat?
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 01:40:17 AM »
Not even close

what adjust monitor so you can see better in the "night"?  I had a low end computer/monitor but I had no problem seeing planes in the so called "night".

semp

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 05:01:24 AM »
Bring back night so I can exploit it with a gamma adjust and get easy kills!

-1 to this
Also, daylight fighters didn't fight at night in WWII, there is no realism reasin to this.

For the pple that weren't there, The MA lost about half its players when night was enabled. 30% loged, the rest waited in the tower, the others adjusted their gamma.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline SELECTOR

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 05:12:46 AM »
It was just an idea, didn't want people to fall out over it..
My point is this. During the 6 years of world war two (yes im british and WW2 started in 1939)Just about half that time (3 Years) it was dark..
Imagin maybe in the near future being ably to do the dambusters raid (if AH update the lancaster to carry other weapons). Or even night fighter radar on the me 110/ ju88..

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »
+1
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 06:27:46 AM »
The right idea is to make night look like day and then hunt for people who don't cheat?

No, the right adea is to set up your monitor correctly. Then you dont have to turn up the gamma, or cheat. AND you get an all around better picture for just about everything else.

THATS what people arent getting. If you couldnt see at night. Your monitor wasnt set up correctly to begin with. If it was. You wouldnt have to turn night into day by turning up gamma.

Prior to doing a proper calibration. I myself thought that my monitor was set up fine. Everything seemed to look fine to me so I never really questioned it.
And yes night time in game was really dark
Then I stumbled across a monitor calibration utility and on a whim decided to give it a shot figuring at worst if I didnt like it I could always turn it back the way it was before. And I was astounded by how much better everything looked. Not just in game but with just about everything else as well.

Again. on a properly calibrated monitor. Night should look no darker then a  bright harvest moon without  making any changes to your gamma. The distances at which you normally fight you should be able to see and fight, just fine. If anything the icons should be easier to see and mostly the coloring on the planes themselves that are effected. Its at larger distances at the end of icon ranges is where you loose any real visibility.

And still. The entire thing only lasted around 15 min. And even then only every so often. If 15 min is a deal breaker for people then they have larger issues they need to deal with.
I've seen and see entire sections of maps closed down for longer then that. I've been on flights to fights that have lasted that long. Seen people sitting in a tower waiting for hangars to reup that long.
Aside from the fact that some people might actually be wro,wro wro wrong about how well their monitor is set up
Thats what makes the entire whine against night so pathetically silly. It was only somethng that some people had to deal with for 15 minutes.

In the end it doesnt matter cause those that did the Rumpelstiltskin routine got what they tempertantrumed for.
As my father in law used to say .
"you win. pick up the marbles"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:31:04 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 06:31:43 AM »
If they are gonna try some reduced icon ranges, why not bring back night time.
If its good enough to keep GV'ers happy why not bring it back for the players who enjoyed the night hunting..

( why are there not as many people playing AH as there used to be?)
There Were Night Arena's?

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.