Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22154 times)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »
Only the guy on the runway could have avoided it.  It is 100% his fault.

sure... the min you get on runway.. you get the collision msg... sure its all his fault... for getting on runway... if you sit at home and a plane crashes into your house... and you die... its your fault 100% for not avoiding the a/c
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »
sure... the min you get on runway.. you get the collision msg... sure its all his fault... for getting on runway... if you sit at home and a plane crashes into your house... and you die... its your fault 100% for not avoiding the a/c

Indeed.  What, you think the guy who didn't have a collision could have done anything about it?  That is absurd.

It is also such a minor issue that you are making into something massive that I bet hasn't happened to you more than once.  Stop bawling and grab another fighter.  You lost a few seconds.  Boohoo.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2011, 10:01:33 AM »

Thats real life, and no lag is involved, there are only 2 planes involved.

In the game there are 4 planes involved. On your computer is your plane sitting on the runway and the other plane diving through yours trying to vulch you. The other two planes are on the other guys computer, one is a representation of your plane sitting on the runway, and the second is his as he is diving down to shoot you while he is flyin at 50 above the runway. To him only his bullets hit you as he flew OVER you. On your computer he flew into you (havn't you ever seen other players take off or land 50 off the side of the CVs, or bounce under the ground as they vulched?). HE DID NOT try to avoid because he had nothing to avoid(he was 50 feet above you) There is no reason he should take damage, as he NEVER RAN INTO YOU.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »

The definitive "Collision" picture.

Look at this:

Same film form the perspective of the Jug (clear, crisp planes) and the 51 (faded planes).

You are the Jug. The P-51 is clearly 100 yards behind you. Should you take damage?

As has been stated many times already, you are not "getting" how collisions work if you are talking about "fault". Collisions are "no-fault". Either they happen on your front end, his front end, or both.

In the picture above, the Jug's front end, what his computer "sees", is the P-51 100 yards back.
On the 51's front end, what his computer "sees" is his plane running into the back of the Jug.

The way you would have it, the Jug, which is nowhere near the 51 would take damage even though there was no collision as far as he sees it.

Another example.

Ever see someone apparently fly into the ground, under the ground, pop out, and keep going? The way it was on his computer, he didn't fly into the ground.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 08:33:31 PM »
Why hasn't anyone posted Tec's flowchart?

I'm too lazy to find it...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
I'm too lazy to find it...

I'm not.  :banana:

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2011, 12:49:51 PM »
 :rofl

Priceless!!

That should prolly be a stick considering how often this question gets asked :D

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2011, 02:05:48 PM »
:rofl

Priceless!!

That should prolly be a stick considering how often this question gets asked :D
If the collision model actually did as it's supposed to 100% of the time I might agree, however... it does not
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2011, 02:22:36 PM »

Good grief.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2011, 02:29:04 PM »
If the collision model actually did as it's supposed to 100% of the time I might agree, however... it does not

Prove it doesn't. I know everytime I've seen a collision on my screen I've been damaged, and have laughed my butt off when I see the other guy has collided with me as I fly off because I KNOW he's crying  LOL!

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »

Have you carefully studied the above flowchart?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
Prove it doesn't. I know everytime I've seen a collision on my screen I've been damaged, and have laughed my butt off when I see the other guy has collided with me as I fly off because I KNOW he's crying  LOL!
Please refer to an earlier post of mine. The youtube vids will help to show it doesn't work 100%.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2011, 03:01:11 PM »
Can you provide a link to those videos?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:09 PM »
1st page of this thread
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2011, 03:20:23 PM »

...and they are youtube videos. Proves nothing. Post the real films. HTC can look at the data thats on the films that we can't see. The F4 shot you through the head as he crashed into you. I'm sure thats why you were instantly towered.

As I said, in 10 years I haven't seen anything that I didn't think should have happened. Of course I'm not micro analyzing each and every frame of film, nor do I expect each and every frame to be perfect. What you see as only "close" may be seen by the computer as "close enough". Do the skins actually cover each and every part of the 3d model? I don't know, but neither do I expect it too. Some sacrifices must be made in coding, this isn't real life and you shouldn't expect it to work like it.