Author Topic: curious question about the 88?  (Read 440 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
curious question about the 88?
« on: December 17, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »
The 88's we are getting clearly show they can make bomber pilots life uneasy, I am curious about the anti tank version if we are going to have a scope to range the tanks with like the 17lber?

I know the rate of fire is high enough you simply have to keep lobbing rounds until you hit, but did the 88 flak ever have any scope to range tanks on the ground?

I am going by a comment in rommels book about the 88s being used in france were firing at ranges the british 2/6lb guns were unable to fire back, not sure exactly what this range would be, however I don't think without a scope they would accurately be able to range tanks?

any thoughts?
JG 52

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: curious question about the 88?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
So far it's just a circle, very much like the TC position, I think.

I'll go look.

:bolt:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »
It has a circle just like the ship gunners. Unless they make changes to it its going to be a guessing game when shooting tanks. I'm looking forward to popping soft gv's on the other side of hills with the AA shells.  :devil

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 05:59:42 AM »
Actually I would like to see a function to the 88mm similar to "sea mode" in our task group guns... You can have a "decent" range indicator and be slightly inaccurate enough for it to be non-overly-uber...
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!