Author Topic: Collision Model Inquiry  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Regurge

• Nickel Member
Collision Model Inquiry
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
A while back I was dogfighting a 109 1 on 1, neither of us had taken damage. As I watch him pass by on a perpendicular course about 200yds off my 6, he sheds a wing and goes down. I asked why and he said collision.

Turns out he was in Sweden, and with my 56k connect we had some serious lag between the two of us. So while he saw a collision on his FE, I never saw him closer than 200yds on mine. If both parties always die in collisions, my plane would have just fell apart for no apparent (to me) reason.

The way it is now, if you fly into an ememy plane on your FE you die. Avoid him and you live. The same rule applies to the other guy too.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Collision Model Inquiry
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2001, 02:43:00 PM »
and it has nothin to do with which way you are looking.

SKurj

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
Collision Model Inquiry
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2001, 03:23:00 PM »
I had few HO when we both didnt fire and 1 of us die and the second one had dmg radiator or engine .. I saw this situation few times. Im sure that he didnt fire, because we spoke about it later.

Offline fats

• Copper Member
Collision Model Inquiry
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2001, 03:32:00 PM »
Apar1:

No I don't currently play AH - or any other on-line flightsim for that matter. There aren't any that I know of around for Linux. I used to play though under fats, AW on Amiga, then AW on PC in DOS, CK beta, WB and then AH.

// fats - holding his breath until a Linux port is made

Offline DanielMcIntyre

• Nickel Member
      • http://None as yet
Collision Model Inquiry
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2001, 04:41:00 PM »
You sure Skurj?  Okay, I got the impression he was still flying.  Maybe he died.  Had a similiar collision today we both died as well.

Of course I did'nt get the kill thou  :) but who gives a flying kangaroo ehh.

Never mind HT, all sorted out!!! 1.08 please

:D

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Collision Model Inquiry
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2001, 04:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick:
My opinion is based on, GASP, reality. In real life when 2 aircraft collide they BOTH get damage.

Real life/reality runs in real time. Virtual battlefields, such as AH, can run up to 1 second behind.

For example: My ping is 190ms to HTC. Someone from Russia with a really shotty ping is at 300ms. That's 490ms between us, the latency of a 14.4k modem.

Now, if this ran in real time and both parties saw the same thing, making game netcode would be a lot easier. We wouldn't need smoothing code either...
-SW

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: SWulfe ]

Offline Gr8pape

• Copper Member
      • Swamp Revel Computers
Re: Collision Model Inquiry
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2011, 04:06:21 PM »
See Rule #10
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:32:56 PM by Skuzzy »
I would rather try and fail, than not try at all. (paraphrased)
F.D. Roosevelt