Author Topic: About the sounds  (Read 315 times)

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
About the sounds
« on: December 26, 2011, 05:51:35 AM »
Hi guys,
I tried to find the sound files, but I can't! :furious
What does it take to find the files, do I need Microsoft C++ 2008 Redistributable to find it as it may be integrated into aceshigh.exe?

Regards,
Kenneth Jr. :salute
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: About the sounds
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 06:28:48 AM »
Hi Kenzy,

all files and folders needed in the game are in the "C:\\Hitech Creations\Aces High" folder. If my memory serves me right, there's no Sounds folder in the original game, tho default sounds are inside the code. It is needed, though, if you use another soundpack than the original. You can download them from the Custom Sounds and Skins along with the information how to make and, even more important, name your own sounds. Oh, and if you want to change the music behind the login screen, it's called Title0 and you can use any mp3 file you want for it. It's location is also in the Sounds folder.

So you don't need any coding skills or applications to alter the sounds, nor are you allowed to change the code in any manner according the EULA.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
there's is a sounds folder in the aces high directory but it is empty.  if you want to add your own custom sounds just replace the sound folder and replace it with the new sounds folder.  if it causes you problems just delete or rename the folder and aces high will automatically create a new one with default sounds.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 06:34:11 AM »
Thank you all for your kind support! :cheers: Now I can get me some realistic sounds for Aces High! Thank you very much.

Regards,
Kenneth Jr. :salute
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute