Author Topic: Hangar has the ability to repair damaged airplanes  (Read 1472 times)

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
Hangar has the ability to repair damaged airplanes
« on: December 26, 2011, 05:25:21 AM »
Hi pilots,
I wanna add something to my wishlist: Let the hangars be able to repair damaged aircraft.
As I have observed, if I park into a fighter hangar, it will not repair the aircraft.
So to make it fair, I would like to place this in the upcoming update.

Regards,
Kenneth Jr. :salute
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline SDGhalo

• Copper Member
Re: Hangar has the ability to repair damaged airplanes
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:30:57 AM »
1+

i agree i mean that is what they were designed for other then storage or for keeping aircraft out of the elements

Offline chipr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:39:21 AM »
This sounds like a good idea, especially for those who play for the realism and not so much for the perks and points. Of course you could always end sortie and start fresh w/ a new plane, but whats the fun in that? One idea that just came to me on this subject is, if you wanted this feature to be used, perhaps changes to the airfields in which theyre no new planes available atm and therefore you would need to repair the one you're in.

chip
With malice towards some

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 09:20:20 AM »
No thanks. It took days and weeks to repair aircraft. Even just a patch job took a lot of time. I suppose you could sit in the hangers for an hour or two to "simulate" the wait, but why would you? Just grab another plane and launch. If your worried about score, or getting your name in lights, the time you spend sitting in the hanger could be used better to PRACTICE and get better so you can much easily have your name in lights as well as a better score.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 09:23:41 AM »
No.  Better yet, remove the ability to refuel and rearm.  One sortie should be one sortie.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2011, 10:51:33 AM »
No thanks. It took days and weeks to repair aircraft. Even just a patch job took a lot of time.

Hmm GV's use supplies to instantly repair damage that would have them in the repair shop for weeks at a time.

So why not have another concession to gameyness?  Or better yet get rid of gv's ability to repair with supplies.

SF

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2011, 10:54:15 AM »
Hmm GV's use supplies to instantly repair damage that would have them in the repair shop for weeks at a time.

So why not have another concession to gameyness?  Or better yet get rid of gv's ability to repair with supplies.

SF
The reasoning for that is, I am pretty sure, that GVs take a lot longer to get into combat offensively in AH than do airplanes.  I do agree that it is massively abused by concrete sitters though.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »
No.  Better yet, remove the ability to refuel and rearm.  One sortie should be one sortie.

^^^This ^^^

please dont tell anyone that i agree with karnak  :noid

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
Alternative, maybe worthy of it's own post but here goes, we would need a new command that would make ending sortie a two part process.

Say when you end sortie, by any method except bail, die, capture of course (and ficaton from clara, when you end it at a friendly airfield) it is not instantaneous. You get a pop up or dialog box or even add options to .ef command, that asks if you want to rearm or repair. If repair is chosen the system responds with 1) taxi to rearm 2) plane unsalvagable, end sortie,-1perk, 3) Repair requires YY time and costs XX perks. You can then taxi to a hanger or new repair hanger to get it fixed. Only have a couple at each field and if ya need to wait, that's your tough luck.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 11:53:36 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 12:37:23 PM »
Alternative, maybe worthy of it's own post but here goes, we would need a new command that would make ending sortie a two part process.

Say when you end sortie, by any method except bail, die, capture of course (and ficaton from clara, when you end it at a friendly airfield) it is not instantaneous. You get a pop up or dialog box or even add options to .ef command, that asks if you want to rearm or repair. If repair is chosen the system responds with 1) taxi to rearm 2) plane unsalvagable, end sortie,-1perk, 3) Repair requires YY time and costs XX perks. You can then taxi to a hanger or new repair hanger to get it fixed. Only have a couple at each field and if ya need to wait, that's your tough luck.

i would love to see that pop-up when i am coming in fast due to damage and need to land fast because field is being vulched.

actually why dont we have that in cars as a safety feature, you know like when you crash there's a pop-up that ask you if you wish  to deploy airbags yes/no  :D.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2011, 01:26:31 PM »

I say no, I like the ability to refuel/rearm.  It's fun to see how far you can go with one plane.

Why do you think it should be removed?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2011, 09:25:40 AM »
*SYSTEM ERROR*
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 09:42:25 AM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »

I agree. Make the air quakers cry  :cry
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2011, 04:21:50 PM »
+1 add repair hanger

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 11:59:41 AM »

+1
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil