Author Topic: New Monitor Resolution Help Needed.  (Read 382 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
New Monitor Resolution Help Needed.
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
I just went from a 19in to a 23in monitor.  I had to manually put in the 1440x900 resolution for the 19in monitor (1440x900 was not an option) when I got that a few years ago.  If I use the same setting for the 23in monitor the picture is slightly elongated left and right.  Not much but just enough to see the reticule in a slight oval shape.

I've tried the other setting available and none get them as close as the 1440X900.

Thoughts?   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: New Monitor Resolution Help Needed.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 01:24:33 PM »
Use the native resolution for the monitor.  If you do not know what that is or cannot find the information at the manufacturers WEB site, post up the make and model of the monitor.

Alternately, make sure the model and make of the monitor is shown in the display properties of the video settings in Windows.  If it is, then the game will show you what resolution options there are for that monitor.  That list is what the monitor told the video card is available.  To deviate from that could damage the monitor.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 01:27:30 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:34:29 PM »
Usually a 23 inch monitor is 1920 X 1080 for native resolution. Try that and see what happens.
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »
Thanks fellas... it helps to actually install the monitor software.   :bhead

Once installed, it kicked everything to 1920x1080.  The field of view default went to 106.

All I can say is wow, the newer monitor and larger screen put a whole new perspective on the game.   :O

Thanks again, fellas.   :salute
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 02:44:01 PM »
Now imagine 3 of those suckers side by side..LOL
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:01:49 PM »
Now imagine 3 of those suckers side by side..LOL

I know... I know... I've already got the itch.  I'll see if I can sneak a few bucks into the envelope when wifey isnt looking.  Although, I'll have to explain where the extra 2 monitors came from, they'll be harder to hide than a new rifle in the gun safe.   ;)