Author Topic: Morgan Freeman's insight into the recent tragedy  (Read 3041 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Morgan Freeman's insight into the recent tragedy
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »
I think the real question is what's unique about the United States. Events like these have become, sadly, almost commonplace here. There is obviously, like or not, something deeply wrong with the American psyche that isn't present in practically any other western, civilized society in the world. Is it that our media is all that different? Is it because we've departed more from 'family values' than European cultures have? Is it just because it's easier to get guns? Is it because we glorify violence and going out with a bang more than anyone else?
Or it's something else?

In American and now in British culture individuals are encouraged to succeed and strive for wealth.

The media encourages this ideal at every opportunity.

The majority of individuals are given a ideal which for the majority is unobtainable.

The inability of the of the individual to realise that mediocracy is the lot of the majority.

The result is mental instability and a violent out burst to this problem.

In education today the student is informed on a regular basis that his viewpoint and opinions are valued, this again causes problems when this falsehood is realised.

Mental issues are increasing in Western society due to this problem.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2012, 10:44:46 AM »

Mental issues are increasing in Western society due to this problem.
I think we've always been crazy, but have had more outlets for that in the past, or we've been more willing to use those outlets. Nowadyas people hole up in thier house instead of getting out.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:48:52 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
I think all of you guys need a hug.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2012, 02:46:56 PM »
Police/security personnel needing to be present and on guard in schools is actually a ridiculous idea :)

But you already seem to need it, and have it, in some high schools and colleges  :aok  I guess it's just a ridiculously f'ed up society you live in

What a wonderful place

The first school shooting was in England doofus....guess you chaps are still showing we yanks how to screw things up.  How's the queen?  She still getting your tax money in addition to what you pay your government.  No wonder the Irish wouldn't pee on you Englishman if your heads were on fire.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2012, 02:53:16 PM »
*raises hand*

the queen pays tax now

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »
 :headscratch:

Cant remember hearing of a school shooting in the UK before Dunblane in 1996, the first (of about 100 separate incidents) in the US appears to have been in 1764 ...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 03:11:11 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »

Cant remember hearing of a school shooting in the UK before Dunblane in 1996, the first (of about 100 separate incidents) in the US appears to have been in 1764 ...
Yeah but we were subjects to the crown at that point sooo.... Why is this convo even happening its dumb and shows no tact.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »

That was a Brit shooter that got sent to Australia but with a musket?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:47:18 PM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
"11-year-old Utah boy jailed for bringing gun to Kearns school
(Pistol brought to school » Boy said he wanted to protect self, friends from 'Connecticut style incident.')"
The Salt Lake Tribune

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55489019-78/horsley-gun-kearns-district.html.csp

bewildering ...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: December 18, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »
The first school shooting was in England doofus....guess you chaps are still showing we yanks how to screw things up.  How's the queen?  She still getting your tax money in addition to what you pay your government.  No wonder the Irish wouldn't pee on you Englishman if your heads were on fire.

The IRA blew my windows out and planted a bomb outside a McDonalds on Mothers day killing a 6 year old and a 15 year old in my town.

I knew the girl who was holding the six years hand at the time, she was a quiet girl funny that :old:

16 other kids were injured as well.

But that's enough about that. :old:

They also shot a copper 2 days before as well.

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
The IRA blew my windows out and planted a bomb outside a McDonalds on Mothers day killing a 6 year old and a 15 year old in my town.

I knew the girl who was holding the six years hand at the time, she was a quiet girl funny that :old:

16 other kids were injured as well.

But that's enough about that. :old:

They also shot a copper 2 days before as well.

I never said I agree with their methods but after this thread, I am a closer to understanding it.  The scots put up with it because they kicked your tulips already and got a wee bit of the throne in exchange for living north in confident peace.  Sean Connery and Bono are much cooler than any Englishman, which I offer as proof.  :neener:

EDIT:  except for Batfink......he can hang with Bono or Connery without a doubt
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:33:23 PM by Changeup »

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2012, 07:11:44 PM »
Morgan Freeman never said this .... FYI

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2012, 07:30:53 PM »
Too many insulting comments being made, indicating this thread is done.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com