Author Topic: GV Wish  (Read 1230 times)

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: GV Wish
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »
Didnt someone bring up the theory once upon a time that if the AP round is going too fast when it hits that it could effectively shatter before it is able to do its full damage?  This would be why many knife fight close shots do not = automatic kill.  Just askin....

I'm fairly sure shatter gap isnt modelled, although the strange glitches you get sometimes when firing at close range replicate the effect quite nicely.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 03:59:28 AM »
I honestly dont recall ever seeing this, and I have alot of GV kills.

Is it a function of lag, is it a representation of a hit that doesnt richochet, but causes no damage, is it a game bug?  can HTC explain this further, because I really dont understand

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 01:40:45 PM »
"Lag" is the problem here.

:noid

No, it's not.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 02:31:26 PM »
No, it's not.

ack-ack

I too was going to mention the same thing.  Glad you did it first.  The "lag" that people like to point fingers at really *isn't* there. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 02:33:39 PM »
Got film? if not it didn't happen. Due to graphic settings and such what you "see" might not be what really happened. Post a film. HTC can get a LOT more data from the films than the player we use can. If you post it so of these guys with the super computer might even be able to tell you what happened.

I've seen this happen too and while it is frustrating, the cartoonist is right.  If you didn't catch it on film it didn't necessarily happen. 
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 09:38:53 PM »
I've seen this happen too and while it is frustrating, the cartoonist is right.  If you didn't catch it on film it didn't necessarily happen. 

Want film? Here's another.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jc8xwstv3xmvv40

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 11:46:33 PM »
Weird... I post definitive film of of and nobody posts... Anyone?

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »
+10
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 05:19:43 AM »
No, it's not.

ack-ack

So what is happening?

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
So what is happening?

hitech already replied to this one.  he said it is just a visual thing with the game.  the round actually stops at the tank but for everybody else it just keeps going till it hits the dirt.  that's why when you look at the town you see rounds passing thru several houses sometimes but only damaging once.

semp

I can search for the actual post later if you like. I'm working right now. No, really.....

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 03:52:19 PM »
The OP mentioned something about a small flash... That's just suckish aim, isn't it?  :D