Author Topic: Fill Me In  (Read 709 times)

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Fill Me In
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:38:01 AM »
First
<S> to HT and the gang (Pyro, Skuzzy, Nate, Carry, Waffel, Supa and Sudz) and anyone else who has joined the team since my last venture into my most beloved MMO

<S> to the members of JG44 past and present (sorry for my exit it was poor form <S> doobs, Max, Knuckles, Chappy, MartyB, and any of you my old brain has forgotten)

<S> to the raw prawns (again past and present)

<S> to the people who read my "interview with HiTech" thread and liked it (yes i never finished it maybe oneday i will)

Now down to the reason behind my post.... I have been away for a while, i signed up again last year for a bit and then the real world got me again...

I have just been playing pool with my youngest son and we got onto talking about AH (the fights, the planes, the FSO's and all the other fun) we talked about my favorite battles, my first ava and first FSO, about the time i landed that Ar243 with 2 mins fuel in FSO and we laughed and giggled about it, about AH and why no matter what I play, it will never match the thrill of a good AH session and now......

i want back in....

I just logged on and I saw the beta post by pyro, has much changed i ask myself.... 

So can somone either give me a summary of what has changed in the last 12 to 18 months or link me to the information.

Or just tell me, at the end of the day is it still the game i love (even after all these years)

<S>to all AH   

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Fill Me In
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:28:14 AM »
Welcome back.   :)

Major GV changes.  Each tank has historically accurate sights.  Also, there is no more hopping between each position in tanks, just the TC (tank commander) and the main gunner.  Oh, and automatic transmissions, too.   :aok

The strategic system has changed quite a bit with mixed reviews.  There are no more "zone bases", and no more dispersed factories.  There is 1 large "industrial complex" heavily guarded by puffy ack and AA towers.  No more easy milk runs in a Mossi or 110 to a factory to wreck havoc, only massed bombers have much of an effect.   

The fields all have a new layout as do the towns.  Much nicer.  The towns are phenomenal!   :aok

Massed hordes for base captures are the norm now, there seem to be fewer and fewer of the more "tactical" (smaller units w/ combined arms, and more speed/skill than brute force) base captures.

Other than that... its the same old Lgay7, Spit16, and P51D crutch plane arena!!!    :frown:   

I'm sure others will chime in as well. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:53:01 AM »
smokin thanks bud

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 10:02:59 AM »
Fights can be found if you look around.

I've found that many of the hordes turn out to be hordes because most in them are not very adebt at fighting. Most hordes tend to thin out quickly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »
Fights can be found if you look around.

I've found that many of the hordes turn out to be hordes because most in them are not very adebt at fighting. Most hordes tend to thin out quickly.
Especially when you fight back...  They abhor resistance...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
I've found that if you can hold off the initial onslaught of horde,alot (not all) of them will keep coming back.

This will ususally work out to be some good fights because they don't return all at once, they straggle back in a few at a time.

Hordes can be fun.

If not, you can always come to the BBs and complain about them!!! :banana:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 04:51:49 PM »
Welcome back  :salute
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »
I've found that if you can hold off the initial onslaught of horde,alot (not all) of them will keep coming back.

This will ususally work out to be some good fights because they don't return all at once, they straggle back in a few at a time.

Hordes can be fun.

If not, you can always come to the BBs and complain about them!!! :banana:

:rofl

the only change I dont like is the 12 hour side switching rule
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 06:24:07 PM by ink »

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
 :noid :salute :cheers: Welcome Back......im naked! :O :noid :noid
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher