Author Topic: Help with electronics!  (Read 843 times)

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Help with electronics!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 03:54:30 PM »
That is beyond cool and very creative, but if it can charge phones wirelessly won't it cause interference?
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 04:26:03 PM »
That is beyond cool and very creative, but if it can charge phones wirelessly won't it cause interference?

nope! I have wireless chargers for my phone and I've never noticed any degradation of signal.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 05:00:58 PM »
nope! I have wireless chargers for my phone and I've never noticed any degradation of signal.
Thats something I want to try!
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline zippo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
It may interfere with other services depending on what frequencies are used.  Problems with FCC maybe.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 04:23:48 AM »
I answered that already.

Why a square wave and not a sine btw?  :headscratch:

Sorry did not understand your post.  (little uh...I like beer, leave it there :)

I requested a square wave because that was listed in the link I provided.  I am not opposed to a sine wave at all.

But I would thank that to build an inductive coil using a square wave would be easier (for me anyways) since we're dealing with pulses of voltage, which is more defined then an analog component?

I used to manage a RadioShack (for a very long time), if you need a cell phone I can take care of you, but this is way beyond my knowledge.  I would guess I have a 101 level college equivalent in electronics if that helps)

To address other questions:
   No, interference will  likely not be a problem.  We're using a magnetic field to create power.  (your flip cellphone probably has a magnet to tell when it's closed or open)
   Off subject, Radio can, as can your wireless internet, among a lot of other things.  It's an issue of frequency, my blackberry causes my wireless mouse not to function if it's too close for example)
   Range to what I want only needs to be measured in inches.  Anything more and this becomes extremely expensive, and inefficient.  (for my project anyways)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 04:27:18 AM »
The device to be charged and the charger would have to be within a foot of each other for this to work.

Remember.....we're charging here.

I'm looking at inches.  efficiency drops off very quickly

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 04:37:01 AM »
just calibrate it to the required frequency and then leave it alone.

you could always use trim pots instead of the shafted ones if youre worried about them accidentally moving.

Ive been looking for a similar board which goes up to the 10 MHz range for testing network cabling, not having much luck tho :(

edit: finally found one (http://kitsrus.com/pdf/k101.pdf), $110 seems a bit steep tho.

No it turns out I was not drunk (well, sorta I was)

But...The website you gave used the part that I want to replace.  But! we're on the same page now!

I want it to be NON-adjustable, not really for cost (although thats nice) but for size.  And I do not need it to be adjustable.  I Do need a wireless output voltage between 3.7 and 5.3 and a amperage at 350ma to 750ma.

The numbers are varied because they will all work to some degree, but maybe this helps someone?

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 07:08:43 AM »
I think your best bet would be to look at an existing object.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003O76EE2/ref=mp_s_a_4?qid=1325768704&sr=8-4

$13 and it's all there. You could easily modify it for your needs. I use them for my phone and am able to charge up to 500 mV. Like I mentioned before, I've seen them modified for other devices.

Offline Jenks

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 02:31:56 PM »
OK, the non adjustable part is easy. Assuming this kit (in your link) is what you want, simply build it and calibrate it, then measure the resistance of each potentiometer ,at its setting point, from the wiper to one side and then the other side and buy, makeup a resistor(s) to replace the pots.  Other wise you could build(design) an oscillator circuit from an op-amp IC. Ratshack (sorry) used to sell books by(run Forrest run) Mimms I think his name was  with lots of osc. circuits. etc.

There are prolly a hundred single chip special purpose oscillators on the market. You could do a search for oscillator IC's and see what comes up.

BTW a function generator has not only variable frequency, but variable pulse width and amplitude.

A note once you get the freq, rise time. pulse width you want, you will then need to add an amplifier at the output to get the current handling capabilities you want.

What are you charging or did you answer that already?

anyway good luck and feel free to PM if you like as I don't visit these threads all that often but I log in a couple time a week to check the squad forum.

:cheers:

Jenks

MA  The Flying Circus
     Clown in training

FSO  JG11