Author Topic: 1946  (Read 4571 times)

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
Re: 1946
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
Could you point me to it, couldn't find it. Would like to read it.

Here you go. I asked him about this so called "Criteria" they want aircraft that have seen service.

There is no hard and fast rule. But generally we want planes to have seen service.

HiTech

Service of some kind dosnt normally mean actually shooting at enemy planes. we know that due to the meteor being on the last aircraft poll.

This being said almost all late late war aircraft that did see some kind of service in WW2 could be considered.

EVZ! Please, Im all for experimental aircraft or a "what if" situation. Me personally i would love to see the Ho-229 in Aces High. but lets keep AH WW2, WW1 and maybe Korea.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:09:33 PM by fullmetalbullet »
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
Here you go. I asked him about this so called "Criteria" they want aircraft that have seen service.

Service of some kind dosnt normally mean actually shooting at enemy planes. we know that due to the meteor being on the last aircraft poll.

This being said almost all late late war aircraft that did see some kind of service in WW2 could be considered.

Do-335 doesn't make the grade since it wasn't out of prototype stage.
JG 52

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 05:45:07 PM »
Do-335 doesn't make the grade since it wasn't out of prototype stage.

Thats what we have been trying to tell him, but he refuses to believe it.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 05:46:47 PM »
Thats what we have been trying to tell him, but he refuses to believe it.

The holiday for school children is almost over.
JG 52

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 06:56:34 PM »
Part of the reasoning behind this topic is that those aircraft produced to late to see actual combat during hostilities would have a place here.
There's a whole generation of planes that are worthy of attention and have an appeal to most AH players.

Im all for experimental aircraft or a "what if" situation. Me personally i would love to see the Ho-229 in Aces High.
The Ho-229 was actually built in 1945 and production was intended AFAIK. It's possible it could have gotten into the fight in 1946. Lack of actual  performance specs would require some INSPIRED programing I suppose, but I'd bet it would be a popular ride.

I don't think the moderator locked the 335 thread so that it could be transfered here. We should probably avoid that.
:aok
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »
I would be interested of any account of a Bearcat or Tigercat expending a single round of ammo on any thing that was (or was of) an enemy in 1945.

back to the OP...IMO we still have some "WHAT WAS" stuff outstanding.................. ...

Those are all i flew once I got my expansion pack for Aces Over the Pacific (1994).  I imagine that it would make the game less fun overall unless they were only enabled on certain days or special occasions.
Don't forget the Fw 190 D-12
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »
Don't forget the Fw 190 D-12
I think The D-12 was passed over in favor of the D-13. The only(?) difference being the 13 had a 20MM in the nose instead of the 30MM.
AFAIK, a few of these were in service in 1945 ??? It should definately have a place in a 1946 arena.
:cool:

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 02:25:05 PM »
I think The D-12 was passed over in favor of the D-13. The only(?) difference being the 13 had a 20MM in the nose instead of the 30MM.
AFAIK, a few of these were in service in 1945 ??? It should definately have a place in a 1946 arena.

Meh, I'd love either but I think the game would stay truer to the war by keeping planes that never saw combat out of regular play.  Perhaps they should be enabled once eny is sky high for the high numbered side.  Instead of limiting what the most populated country can fly, let the smallest countries get extra stuff when severely outnumbered.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 02:51:59 PM »
Meh, I'd love either but I think the game would stay truer to the war by keeping planes that never saw combat out of regular play.  Perhaps they should be enabled once eny is sky high for the high numbered side.  Instead of limiting what the most populated country can fly, let the smallest countries get extra stuff when severely outnumbered.
Well the basic idea here is a WHAT IF? arena with planes that can honestly be expected to have seen combat had the war continued. ENY can be annoying, I agree ... it DOES already affect Perk Cost, (& points earned) on both sides I think? So advanced aircraft DO become more readily available? (those with the required points are more likely to have the abilitys to use them). Personal experience when flying at odds of 4 & 5 to 1 (MWA) lead me to appreciate having the enemy limited to ZEEKS in such a case. 4 of us held a base against 15+ attackers, never could have done so if they had F6Fs and Seafires.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 03:05:02 AM »
Majority of the players have expressed a dislike of the "Post-War BS" arena, or PWB for short. Why should HTC go far out of their way to accomodate a few loudmouths?

All I've got to say is make your own flight sim, and you can fill it with B-52's and F22's for all anyone will care. Its your game.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 06:28:11 AM »

I am not a fan of meteor inclusion but at least it fired rounds at enemy aircraft even if they were unmanned...................
Ludere Vincere

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 11:25:56 AM »
Majority of the players have expressed a dislike of the "Post-War BS" arena, or PWB for short. Why should HTC go far out of their way to accomodate a few loudmouths?

All I've got to say is make your own flight sim, and you can fill it with B-52's and F22's for all anyone will care. Its your game.

It's not actually going to happen... it's a WISHLIST. See topics on nukes, B-36s, He-177s, Do-335s, and Ho-229, and a myriad of others.

I would say it's more than
a few loudmouths
who would LOVE to have a post-war/what-if arena... ask in-game, and there would probably be a higher number of peope there than here, because even though you have a BBS account, and don't play, there are loads of other people who have it the other way around.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
I would say it's more thanwho would LOVE to have a post-war/what-if arena... ask in-game, and there would probably be a higher number of peope there than here, because even though you have a BBS account, and don't play, there are loads of other people who have it the other way around.
Gamers who expect each patch to bring ever more powerful equipment like you see in games like World of Warcraft and the new Star Wars MMO.

Aces High simply cannot operate like that.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 12:06:11 PM »
I am not a fan of meteor inclusion but at least it fired rounds at enemy aircraft even if they were unmanned.
I'm not a big fan of the meteor either, but I can see why it attracts a following. A 1946 arena would probably include the Meteor.4 version which seems to me to be the point at which the meteor matured. If ever included in AH, I hope they use the WHITE skin as the default ... The Brits painted them white to end the FREQUENT misidentification of the meteor as a 262.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »
Gamers who expect each patch to bring ever more powerful equipment like you see in games like World of Warcraft and the new Star Wars MMO.

Aces High simply cannot operate like that.

I want my +5 armor, +4 speed, +10 hitting power Panther Tank power up.
JG 52