Author Topic: 1946  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: 1946
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »
LOL what about the Stars that make you flash, and the mushrooms that make you get twice as big?

I'm still waiting to hear back from skuzzy on why my game genie isn't working.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »
I want my +5 armor, +4 speed, +10 hitting power Panther Tank power up.
How about a Russian IS-3 Shchuka ?  - 220mm Armor, 122mm Gun, 37mph. Rumored to have participated in the fall of Berlin, definately in service 1946.
:rock
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 04:26:24 PM »
Here's a thought, why don't we worry about getting planes and vehicles into the game that actually saw significant service DURING the war.  I just don't understand this constant need for bigger, better, faster, especially when there are so many gaping holes in the plane set from the war years.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
Here's a thought, why don't we worry about getting planes and vehicles into the game that actually saw significant service DURING the war.  I just don't understand this constant need for bigger, better, faster, especially when there are so many gaping holes in the plane set from the war years.
This stuff gets asked for because the gamers demand that new additions should be able to turn older additions into confetti with ease, or as it is usually phrased, they want stuff added that won't be hangar queens.

It is absurd as it is obviously not sustainable..
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »
Here's a thought, why don't we worry about getting planes and vehicles into the game that actually saw significant service DURING the war.  I just don't understand this constant need for bigger, better, faster, especially when there are so many gaping holes in the plane set from the war years.
In a Nut shell : It seems to me the people who see GAPING HOLES have a collector mentality and WANT EVERYTHING just because it existed, not because it makes the game any better. That's OK ... BUT I think the dynamics of AH are, and need to be, oriented more towards an entertainment envorinment than towards a museum.

If the game want's to be profitable and competitive, it's going to have to provide the public with what it want's ... take a look around, where IS the public? At the carnival in the mall parking lot? or in the museum across the street? The fuddy duddys running the museum may RESENT the Carnival, but THAT isn't going to drag a single paying customer thru the museum door. Park a Big SEXY Do335 outside ... and the Museum MAY attract some attention.

I think HT has done a pretty good job of balancing realism and entertainment, upcoming additions will contribute to both. I'd bet we BOTH want to see AH Live Long and Prosper. I certainly don't object to anyone wishlisting for planes that don't interest me. Why do you suppose some people do?
:)

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »
WANT EVERYTHING just because it existed, not because it makes the game any better.

That kinda seemed like your main arguement for the 335.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 07:42:54 PM »

And the main reason his argument is pretty much invalid, just because it was "Created" doesn't mean it served in WW2 in operational status.

Wishlist? Sure no problem - but lets try to be reasonable, there are dozens of airframes that deserve to be in Aces High for the historical reasons alone before some fantasy aircraft that never fired a shot in anger appears.

I would argue a 1946 arena would be interesting, only if the main plane sets for the EW/MW/LW arenas were filled out first.
JG 52

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 09:03:09 PM »
And the main reason his argument is pretty much invalid, just because it was "Created" doesn't mean it served in WW2 in operational status.

Wishlist? Sure no problem - but lets try to be reasonable, there are dozens of airframes that deserve to be in Aces High for the historical reasons alone before some fantasy aircraft that never fired a shot in anger appears.

I would argue a 1946 arena would be interesting, only if the main plane sets for the EW/MW/LW arenas were filled out first.

Agreed.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 09:15:55 PM »
Wow EVZ, you seem to have absolutely no clue about why we're asking for those planes that "don't make the game better".

We're asking for them beause they fill in major gaps in scenarios and special events, which is a BIG thing for aces high. Nobody has anything quite like it, and its proved popular enough that WoT (probably something you would consider to be a top of the line game) copied it as best they could. We're asking for them because they're sometimes better reprasentative of a plane from a specific time than a current variant we have now. And we ask for them because they would be more fun to fly than something like a Do 335, or an F2G.

Bigger, faster, better(?) may be good if theres some worthwhile goal to accomplish that requires you to be in a very competative plane. But then again, my 190A5 or 109E always seemed competative, so I don't really need bigger, faster, better. The same is true of most players as well.

BTW, are you aware of the fact that the Is-3 is still inferior to the Tiger II in every way, save its HE shells? Hell, even the Panther's 75mm penetrates more armor at close range.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 11:25:02 PM »
but lets try to be reasonable, there are dozens of airframes that deserve to be in Aces High for the historical reasons alone
(yawn) - BORING .... (just the thing to attract -0- paying customers) Good for the eulogy when they shut down and bury AH maybe?

Fuddy Duddy - Fuddy Duddy, (sorry)  I don't Fuddy Duddy!
:lol

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2012, 11:35:27 PM »

Just to keep the record straight ... My "argument" for the 335 was stated in the original post. - "This plane would add a new dimension to late war and provide some serious competition for the 51s, 262s, and LA7s." Evidently some people find that objectionable.

The moderator LOCKED that topic ... Do you intend to reopen it here?
:huh

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2012, 11:49:02 PM »
No, EVZ, that was how you tried to rationalize your argument. Your actual argument was "I want it, gimme gimme gimme!".

And butcher, forgot to mention this earlier, but if we're going to get away from the WWII thing, wouldn't a Korean War arena be a better use of our time? We could actually give it the map win objective while maintaining some semblance of realism.

It would also give us a wider variety of aircraft.

Not that I think we should be going for the later stuff. If they put serious work into a post war or Korean War arena, and gave it the map win 'objective' like in the MA's, my bet is that most people move to that arena so they can fly the best thing available.

In other words, all the work HTC would have done upto that point would basicly be just a larger version of what the WWI arena is now.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 12:12:03 AM »
a korean war would be as useful as the ww1 arena.  people who request sabres and what not should go in the ma and try to turn fight with 262's.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »
No, EVZ, that was how you tried to rationalize your argument. Your actual argument was "I want it, gimme gimme gimme!".

And butcher, forgot to mention this earlier, but if we're going to get away from the WWII thing, wouldn't a Korean War arena be a better use of our time? We could actually give it the map win objective while maintaining some semblance of realism.

It would also give us a wider variety of aircraft.

Not that I think we should be going for the later stuff. If they put serious work into a post war or Korean War arena, and gave it the map win 'objective' like in the MA's, my bet is that most people move to that arena so they can fly the best thing available.

In other words, all the work HTC would have done upto that point would basicly be just a larger version of what the WWI arena is now.

May I point out your
linguistics fail
s now?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »
*edited for occurrence of a miracle. See following post, where EVZ grasps a subtlety.*
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:42:50 AM by Tank-Ace »