Korea
« on: January 05, 2012, 08:03:30 PM »
We should have a Korean war areana with MiG-15's vs F-86's
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline fbWldcat

• Gold Member
Re: Korea
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:22:24 PM »
It's been asked for, and seeing as the new WW1 arena is already in limbo, I'd doubt it gets put in. You might check spec. Arenas, they'll have Korean Scenarios with jets occasionally, maybe not migs or sabres, but 262s and 234s. Very well run, very much worth a look at.
Landing is overrated.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I: I took the one less traveled by." - Robert Frost
"Uncommon valor was a common virtue." <S>

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!! I've wanted this forever..... and unfortunately probably forever more   :cry
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 10:23:35 PM »
lets explore all the fields of gameplay the ww1 and 2 has to offer and then maybe move on, but there is still so much to explore in the great war's scenarios.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »
WWI would be fun, if there were some point to it objective wise.  I've thought personally of adding a Zeppelin element to the game, having hangars that spawn a "CV" type unit, that doesn't launch aircraft, but has manned positions for fire, and is capable of carrying ord to a strat.  I'm not sure if bombing should be a position, or an automated thing once over a Town, but basically the unit can be piloted, but is little more than a gunship until it reaches a bombable target, at which point it does it's business.

This can be negated by bombing the Zep Factories, or maybe smaller supply depots with light bombers, or the zep can be intercepted (much like Red Baron) en route to target.  It's not a huge objective, but it gives something to do in the air, that doesn't necessitate a ground battle/base capture element that wasn't really present in WWI.

Tanking, I'm sorry, will be worthless.  Historically, they were nothing more than a moving barricade and trench buster.  But if we want to add some element of playability to the WWI arena, there needs to be some sort of "Winning" element to it, or it's just a DA for people who don't like flying free tempests and using F3 mode.

As for Korea, I'm all for it, and I don't see how it goes against the game at all.  It's the last gentlemanly conflict in the skies, where there were no heat seeking missiles and BVR shoot downs.  It was down dirty, personal, and utilized much of what is already in the game.  Adding a few Jets and Bearcats won't hurt anything.   :aok
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:23:40 PM »
We should have a Korean war areana with MiG-15's vs F-86's

:aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:42:17 AM »
it won't happen. everybody begging for a WW1 arena. and last i checked, hardly anybody uses it
OEF 11-12

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 02:15:04 AM »
it won't happen. everybody begging for a WW1 arena. and last i checked, hardly anybody uses it

But look at the different dynamics of fighting between WWI via WW2, and WW2 via Korea

WW2 and Korea line up WAY better, in all aspects. Plus we also have so many different a/c that can pop right on into a Korea arena
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"