Author Topic: Sd.Kfz.7  (Read 5034 times)

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
Sd.Kfz.7
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
I'd like to request the Sonderkraftzeug 7 (Sd.Kfz.7) be added to the game so we could tow... y'know... stuff.    ;)

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline PAKFRONT

• Copper Member
Re: Sd.Kfz.7
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 10:39:58 AM »
Oh yeah, stuff! :aok
Youtube game channel, Megaflammenpost
Password of the day = DEMARKATION!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:31:51 PM »
That's some of the fun stuff right there too. :devil
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »
+100
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:32:41 PM »
+ 1 for stuff lol just drive a jeep around really slow  ;)

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 05:49:17 PM »
+132
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »

I think AH would be better served by using self propelled guns, be it arty or FLAK, vs having HTC spend precious time coding "towed" systems.  The M7 Priest and SdKfz 251 /4 (7.5cm Inf gun) or /9 (multiple arty or anti-tank guns, most notably the 10.5cm field gun) would be easy to add considering we already have the chassis in game.

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline PAKFRONT

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 07:33:44 AM »
Towed weapons just offer so much variety, light, medium, and heavy.. Artillery and AT and AA guns.. And WW2 European battlefields were crawling with them.. Both sides used them heavily.. We really need the Arty, huge gap in the game there.. And AT guns were an integral part of armored warfare. Most conspicuous is their absence in game..

Yeah I know, the makers would love to have everything in game, and working perfectly.. Only so many days in a lifetime..
But this is the wishlist, and this is a gooder! :rock

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
Towed weapons just offer so much variety, light, medium, and heavy.. Artillery and AT and AA guns.. And WW2 European battlefields were crawling with them.. Both sides used them heavily.. We really need the Arty, huge gap in the game there.. And AT guns were an integral part of armored warfare. Most conspicuous is their absence in game..

Yeah I know, the makers would love to have everything in game, and working perfectly.. Only so many days in a lifetime..
But this is the wishlist, and this is a gooder! :rock

I agree.  Having AT guns would be great.  Thing is, why have HTC develop a towed 105mm howitzer system (modeling, coding, etc) when instead the M7 Priest could be implemented much quicker since the chassis is already in game.  Same gun with much more survivability.  Same goes for the SdKfz 251.  Why have HTC spend the time on developing the 75mm PaK 40 L/48 towed AT gun, when it could just add in the SdKfz 251 /22.  Or even the 251 /9 with the 7.5cm infantry gun (very similar to the LVT4's 75mm pack howitzer).

I'm %100 on the bandwagon when it comes to adding land based artillery in to AH, but I'm thinking of simplifying things to make it easier to get it implemented quicker.  If a SdKfz 251/22 with the Pak 40 is not a success to a certain degree, then odds are a towed version of the gun will not be any better.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline PAKFRONT

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 08:34:32 AM »
Sure Loon, quite right..
It would without a doubt, be easier to bring SP's into the game.. Being as the chassis are already here..
But it just isn't the same man.. Will be a huge gap in the game till they show.. AT guns have some serious advantages.. Move quicker, with their high speed tractors.. Make a very tiny target, and almost invisible when placed properly.. And contrary to popular belief, (with guns up to 75mm size) really didn't take any time to deploy.. Drop the gun, split the trail, set the brakes, toss in a grenat, Aim and BANG! When the guns got bigger than that, they lost their advantages, by being too big and herky to handle.. Like PAK 43 and 17pdr with the 360 traverse..

German units always had them mixed right in with the tank columns.. Often, if the Panzers were at a disadvantage, the tanks would retreat behind their screen of AT guns..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:36:54 AM by PAKFRONT »