Author Topic: Please change the MW country change time to 15 min or less......  (Read 2135 times)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
Re: Please change the MW country change time to 15 min or less......
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 05:22:42 PM »
Howdy EVZ! I think your really taking a paranoid look at the issue. If you increase changeover time it will do nothing to even teams. With so few numbers all it takes is 4 to come in on one side and everything is out of whack.

Spying happens much less than some would have you believe.

The known issue of the two low sides moving to the same side to defend and the high number side switching attack to the side with no numbers would partially be fixed by low changeover times.

This is the main reason i am asking for a reduction.  I have been a die hard bish for 10 years and i can say i have switched sides more in the last week then the last 10 years combined.  I have been on the end now where myself and a few others switch sides to defend just to have the opposition switch their attack to the low or no number side.

I agree also that perk points should be per arena.  What you earn in MW stays in MW etc....
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
I was a regular in MW too but stopped going in there primarily due to low numbers.  In the last week or so I've made it a point to at least stop into MW regardless of the numbers and see if I could find a fight, or start one.  If there's some action somewhere I'll join in on the side with lowest numbers....have always played that way.  MW numbers have improved enough lately that I've been able to find fights and have some fun in there.  It could always be better, but its been okay.

If every sideswitcher played with the integrity you are well known for, there wouldn't be any problems ... I look forward to seeing you soon, hopefully NOT on my 6 ...
:cool:

I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
was just in, switched to bish cause the fight was there.  We were still the low number side 3-1.  Got picked once, hoed the second time.  DONE   Im starting to think shuffler is right when he says MW is dead.  I think im just over it all together and was just trying to make it interesting again.  Maybe I will try LW again, never really cared for it but maybe its what i need.  I just see it as a bigger version of what MW has become. 

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »
"I agree also that perk points should be per arena.  What you earn in MW stays in MW etc...."

fine with me.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »
just in there again to look,  9 nit - 2 rook - 2 bish including me.  maybe auto balance is whats needed in this arena.  nits seem to have an serious numbers advantage all the time and with most of them not willing to switch sides to balance its a waste of time and energy. 

Maybe this arena needs to be turned into a 2 sided war.  I know for the most part all rooks or bish would band together on one side if given the choice to join nit or the other side.   this would over all balance the arena.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 08:05:35 PM »
just in there again to look,  9 nit - 2 rook - 2 bish including me.  maybe auto balance is whats needed in this arena.  nits seem to have an serious numbers advantage all the time and with most of them not willing to switch sides to balance its a waste of time and energy. 

Maybe this arena needs to be turned into a 2 sided war.  I know for the most part all rooks or bish would band together on one side if given the choice to join nit or the other side.   this would over all balance the arena.

You'd still have an unbalance with a two sided war.  Instead of 9 Knights, 2 Rooks and 2 Bish, you'd have 9 Knights and 4 on the side.  Auto balancing wouldn't work either because you will be forcing people to play on a side they might not want to fight on.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 08:29:44 PM »
then i guess the arena is what it is.  Sad, was the best arena in the game for many many years.  Maybe over time it will right itself again. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »
then i guess the arena is what it is.  Sad, was the best arena in the game for many many years.  Maybe over time it will right itself again. 

It is what it is because there are certain squadrons and player in that arena that don't want it to change and like the status quo.  The only way it will change would be if these squadrons and players realize the negative impact on the game play they sometimes cause and change their ways but you and I know they won't.

I also agree that it is sad what the MW has become because you're right, it used to be the best arena with the best competitive plane set in the game.  Shuff, VonHoltz and I used to tear that place up with our P-38s.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2012, 11:17:25 PM »
I think it will, especially if the BIG NUMBERS team suffers from ENY limitations ... 3 to 1? 4 to 1 ... they shouldn't be flying anything but Zeeks and Spit 1s, maybe a Betty or TBM here and there ... with odds like that, they can easily afford to send a couple of sideswitchers over to lower ENY, report communications, and block defenders access to manned guns on fields under attack. Make it EASY for sideswitchers and you are just inviting them.

I'm not trying to demonize these guys ... They have a STRONG desire to WIN in common, and some of them take that TOO FAR ... But tell em, no more FW190s, No More Mosquitoes, No More F6Fs ... you guys fly Zeeks, or Spit 1s, etc, and ... THEY LOG... Tell em - Ok, you switch sides? it's for 24 hrs - and then SEE how many of them come visiting...
:salute

I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 02:09:24 AM »
Sounds like its the same old MW. Seems like it is like it used to be. The only people opposed to a short country change time are the ones who are milking in the middle of night with their fellow squadies.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 08:01:14 AM »
LOL. Mid war was the best arena???  Why not just go back to AH1

Why not go create your own custom arena, test your theory  and report back? Shuffled will help I am sure

And 1 vote no.     But yes , please put it to a vote!!!!!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 09:26:32 AM »
dont expect everyone to agree, but yes for a group of people MW was the best arena in the game. It has the best match up of planes.   Some of us dont like LW.  Why waste the time making a custom arena when HTC can simply change the setting for a trial period.... say 7 days.  Doesnt have to be permanent, unless it works. 

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 10:03:12 AM »
Until it gets away from being a special events arena, the arena filling that would fix this wish will not happen.

wrong thread......was supposed to be in the AvA section.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »
dont expect everyone to agree, but yes for a group of people MW was the best arena in the game. It has the best match up of planes.   Some of us dont like LW.  Why waste the time making a custom arena when HTC can simply change the setting for a trial period.... say 7 days.  Doesnt have to be permanent, unless it works. 
I don't know, but my guess would be  If a couple of hundred people play in midwar and 4 don't like the way it is set up, it might not be the best idea to change it for 4 people  I will admit you don't see 200 players in there at any one time,, but if you look at the  rosters you can tell how many played in there at one time or another
 I know for a fact that at least 133 players have played in mid war so far this month because that are 132 players with a higher score than me in fighters in that arena  ( WOW  that sucks!!)  :bhead
  so far at the most,, you have half a dozen who want a change?  half a dozen could go set up an arena and change it themselves, report back all the fun they were having and draw more players into there little paradise, eventually HTC   would see this growing spectacle and move that "player created arena" to the main board, and throw out the old , outdated way everyone else plays!  just a thought,, but them again  I have always tried to be a "fix it yourself" type. silly me!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »
kinda funny that you think only 4 people want a change, have you talked to all 200+ others already?  sounds to me like you dont want the sides balanced, oh wait its your squad and country that exploits the unbalance.....  explains a lot i think.