Author Topic: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket *SIGN UP HERE*  (Read 3354 times)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket *SIGN UP HERE*
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »
It wouldn't work that way.  If I paired everyone in the first round (44 players) 22 would advance.  The initial bracket is 64 slots with one side being 32 slots or 16 duels so you'd have to use both sides.  In the next round there's 32 slots (16 duels) total for 22 players, then 16 slots (8 duels) for 11 players then 8 slots (4 duels) for 6 players (quarterfinals) then 4 slots (2 duels) for 3 players (semifinals) then 2 slots for 2 players.  That means someone would be getting buys in the quarter and semi-final rounds.  I don't want that to happen.

I see what your saying if you done the byes in the second rd with 44 players their would be just 10 byes leaving a remaining 16 players but I'm sure you'd like to get the byes over first rd.  I think your first idea would be fine too. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2012, 07:20:34 AM »
Last tourney we did byes, I got one. I'm good for either first round byes or a two-loss system. For most fights a two-loss doesn't change much. We have a dozen ubber jousters in here and we could do a ten-loss system and the only thing that will change is boredom of killing baby seals ten times. Two sounds about right. For most a two-loss system adds to the excitement, for the ubber they have one more boring match before the real tourney begins.

I'm glad BldEgle does this, sad I defaulted last tourney. Spice it up!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
Hey Boo, I'd just like to state for the record that no fights I've had, babyseal or ace, have been boring for me in any of the brackets thus far. Every encounter is a chance to meet an old friend or a new one and any chance to fly against another real person on a game is exciting and fun for me.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.