Author Topic: HTC Inspire will not connect to PC  (Read 7400 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Re: HTC Inspire will not connect to PC
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
Just got home from there a little bit ago. They said call HTC tech, as it wasn't there problem  :rolleyes:

I'm sure HTC tech will tell me the same thing. lol

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 06:15:01 PM »
So what happens when you plug it into a different computer?  I think your data port is kaput.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2012, 07:04:08 PM »
So what happens when you plug it into a different computer?  I think your data port is kaput.

It doesnt work on any computer. I've tried my desktop and my laptop. I also took it to my parents house and tried it on both of their computers and they didnt detect it either. :bolt:

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »
Have you tried to connect thru Bluetooth?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline sluggish

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »
Very common with phones with the micro USB data port.  The port is very fragile.  In fact, right in your manual it will tell you not to use the phone while it's charging.  Not that there's anything wrong with using the phone while it's charging but that using it while charging increases the possibility of damaging the data port.  This type of damage is almost never covered under a manufacturers warranty either...  You can still get stuff off and on the phone via the SD card and Bluetooth, however.  You're lucky that it will still charge...

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »
Have you tried to connect thru Bluetooth?

To be honest I had kinda forgot about that. Only my laptop has bluetooth but I just tried that and it does work.

Very common with phones with the micro USB data port.  The port is very fragile.  In fact, right in your manual it will tell you not to use the phone while it's charging.  Not that there's anything wrong with using the phone while it's charging but that using it while charging increases the possibility of damaging the data port.  This type of damage is almost never covered under a manufacturers warranty either...  You can still get stuff off and on the phone via the SD card and Bluetooth, however.  You're lucky that it will still charge...

I have had troubles with that port. Before I had an otter box there was nothing covering it and it was full of fuzz and who knows what. I couldn't get a cord to stay plugged because the port was stuffed full. I cleaned it out with a pocket knife (for lack of anything else that would fit in there) and noticed even before I started that the whole port and the little tab that sticks up was pretty beat up. I'm sure the pocket knife didn't do it any favor but at least my charger stays plugged in now.

I'll say to that my phone is probably on the charger longer than its not on the charger everyday. It has to be or it won't last. That's for another thread though. lol

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
To be honest I had kinda forgot about that. Only my laptop has bluetooth but I just tried that and it does work.
That means it's definitely either the cord or the port. I'd try a different cord before I started to panic.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »
That means it's definitely either the cord or the port. I'd try a different cord before I started to panic.

I've tried a Nokia cord (which I've read in multiple places that it WILL work with the Inspire) and 2 HTC cords and they didn't work either. I suppose the post is screwed..

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »
The phone place you go to should be avoided in the future. They are idiots.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »
I had a friend let me borrow an ORIGINAL HTC cord that came with their Inspire and mine still didn't work. Her's still connects to a PC using that cord.

After comparing my charging port to the one on hers, I'm suprised mine even works it was beat up so bad.