Author Topic: Joe Paterno dead at 85  (Read 4760 times)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Joe Paterno dead at 85
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »
Well, at list we know where we all stand and some guys have moved way up on my respect list.

I think the list is divided by parents vs people without kids/Penn State fans.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »

Nah, not quite.  Do not be so assuming.  I have a 9yo son who enjoys playing AH and a 6yo daughter who pokes fun at dad and brother when they get shot down in AH. I'm also an Iowa Hawkeye fan, certainly not a Penn State fan.  But I have the utmost respect for Joe Paterno and Penn State's football program (and the entire institution, really).  The alleged actions of a former coach (however much of a dirtbag he may be), the perceived "lack" of actions by a few people (namely Joe) in running to the police, and the first hand knowledge and experience of NEVER jumping to conclusions on an issue because of the variables that are %100 unknown, forces me to not jump on the "lynch him" bandwagon like those obvious in this thread.  If you or anyone else on that bandwagon were mature enough and experienced enough you'd know that too. 

If Joe would have been put on trial, found guilty of the XYZ charge in relation to the alleged crime, then sure.  Scar his cheek and lock him up.  But until then, learn to accept that you and anyone else simply does not know the intricate details, and find the courage to realize that jumping on the "lynch him" bandwagon is wrong.  Now go forth and be at peace.   ;) 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »

Heh, and how much being a celebrity can buy you in this world or how shallow people can be.  They are talking about Joe's (talking about him using his first name as if they are some how buddies, lol) accomplishments as if he actually did something for man kind, however most would have to Google Louis Pasteur to figure out who he was even though he has probably saved their lives a few times  :lol 
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2012, 03:14:01 PM »
Nah, not quite.  Do not be so assuming.  I have a 9yo son who enjoys playing AH and a 6yo daughter who pokes fun at dad and brother when they get shot down in AH. I'm also an Iowa Hawkeye fan, certainly not a Penn State fan.  But I have the utmost respect for Joe Paterno and Penn State's football program (and the entire institution, really).  The alleged actions of a former coach (however much of a dirtbag he may be), the perceived "lack" of actions by a few people (namely Joe) in running to the police, and the first hand knowledge and experience of NEVER jumping to conclusions on an issue because of the variables that are %100 unknown, forces me to not jump on the "lynch him" bandwagon like those obvious in this thread.  If you or anyone else on that bandwagon were mature enough and experienced enough you'd know that too. 

If Joe would have been put on trial, found guilty of the XYZ charge in relation to the alleged crime, then sure.  Scar his cheek and lock him up.  But until then, learn to accept that you and anyone else simply does not know the intricate details, and find the courage to realize that jumping on the "lynch him" bandwagon is wrong.  Now go forth and be at peace.   ;) 

I know he said in court papers that he should have done more. I think your going to find the unknowns are just going to be worse than what is already known.

We know paterno did not go to the police. We know he did not follow through. We know he thought he did not do enough.

We know his type are a blessing to child molesters.

How anyone can have kids and not be highly concerned at this type behavior is frightening.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
How anyone can have kids and not be highly concerned at this type behavior is frightening.

Agreed. I am sure the opinion of the other poster would be FAR different if his son was raped by Sandusky and then covered up by the college.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2012, 07:28:18 PM »

Agreed. I am sure the opinion of the other poster would be FAR different if his son was raped by Sandusky and then covered up by the college.

No doubt...and the fact that I agree with RPM and ded in one thread makes me a little sick to my stomach.
Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »
No doubt...and the fact that I agree with RPM and ded in one thread makes me a little sick to my stomach.

:lol

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2012, 10:31:13 AM »

You made a key statement right there: Sandusky and covered up by the college.  My question is why is there such a movement to lynch Joe and not McQueary, or the AD, or college president, etc.  The focus seems to be targeted at Joe, he was one link in the chain and he did what he was supposed to do with the info he had presented to him. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2012, 10:37:08 AM »
You made a key statement right there: Sandusky and covered up by the college.  My question is why is there such a movement to lynch Joe and not McQueary, or the AD, or college president, etc.  The focus seems to be targeted at Joe, he was one link in the chain and he did what he was supposed to do with the info he had presented to him. 

Because no one in here wrote anything about the others, making excuses for them, and explaining to us why they should get a free pass on this.  The fact that others (non national heroes) were involved does not remove his responsibility.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2012, 11:41:58 AM »
You made a key statement right there: Sandusky and covered up by the college

That statement was to include Paterno, not exclude him.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2012, 11:53:53 AM »

Paterno failed just like the others. He is the only one being put on a pedestal in this thread. A place he no longer should hold in anyone's eyes.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2012, 11:55:48 AM »
im 21 and i dont agree with what he did?
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2012, 02:22:23 PM »
Excellent speeches going on currently at the public funeral. Its on ESPN right now if anyone cares too watch.

So much love to the man, excellent role model, and a hero for kids trying to do it the right way.  :aok
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »
"If there is a villain in this tragedy, it lies in that investigation, not in Joe Paterno's response," -Phil Knight, Nike CEO
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2012, 03:20:31 PM »
You guys defending him are pathetic. Why did he not call the cops immediately? Hopefully it wont be one of your kids in a similar situation. F JoPa and all you supporters. I hope it was a slow painful death.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.