Author Topic: Spitfire XVI jabo & air combat  (Read 639 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Spitfire XVI jabo & air combat
« on: January 16, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »
I threw this one together from 2 sorties over the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SKmZTXeuB4&list=UUGJG5MO8EzB5HA4u6Q4QXow&index=1&feature=plcp

If only it carried heavy enough bombs to kill a hanger...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:08:40 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
Re: Spitfire XVI jabo & air combat
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:50:55 AM »
Well, it's a Spitfire and if you ask me, you've done well with the 3 bombs it can carry  :aok

Not like 2x 1000lb bombs on other fighters will take out the hangar anyway.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:13:03 AM »
I find it horribly annoying that you kept looping the same voice segment over and over and over and over and over and over..... Just let the sound play out. The footage was okay, but the sound detracted.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »
its  a flaw in the film shots tool.  It doesn't sync vox/range to where it should be.  It always starts with what was said at the beginning of the sortie no matter when in the sortie you are.

I find it well annoying too.  I also can't hear it in the film viewer, only after I record the film viewer.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 03:59:23 AM »
post deleted

Mixed up your two threads, though I was responding to this one: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,327913.0.html
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:17:10 AM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 04:03:04 AM »
What are you talking about?  Spits don't kill flaks, flaks kill spits.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:04 AM »
What are you talking about?  Spits don't kill flaks, flaks kill spits.

Spitfire mk XVI was designed for air to ground operations. It's engine is tuned for best performance at low altitudes and it's wings are also clipped for best performance at low altitudes. In addition unlike other Spitfire models they gave it three hardpoints.

The reason why you say that flaks kills spits is because in AH most people who fly Spits are noobs and don't know that they should stay away from ack, or when attacking it they don't know how to properly do it without getting killed. Given that both people have equal skill level, the one that is flying a Spit will kill any wirble or ack gun. You don't even need bombs to do it, with those 2x20mm canons you can easily take out the turret on the wirble.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s