Author Topic: How Does Htc Work out how to choose  (Read 2049 times)

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
How Does Htc Work out how to choose
« on: January 24, 2012, 03:22:45 AM »
Could some one please say how htc chooses which item to have from the wish list , how do you create a poll , ive looked through the threads and it says htc dissabled all the polls  :headscratch:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: How Does Htc Work out how to choose
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:32:50 AM »
they implement all the wishes in two weeks tops.  that has been pretty much the standard since i got here.  but you have to realize some wishes are pretty much just that wishes.  htc is not the fairy godmother that can grant everybody's wishes all the time  :salute

and you have to realize that just about everything that you can think of has already been wished several times before.   and it takes some time to add things like airplanes/gvs.  it's not just copy and paste from a Wikipedia picture.  the art and modeling has to be done and it takes a while for it to be created.  i have been wishing for the a26 for the past 5 years and many other airplanes have been added but I am still waiting for mine.

so basically if it is a good idea then it's two weeks.  for a not so good idea perhaps 3 or 4 weeks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 04:48:59 AM »
Once in a while HTC does a poll. The last poll choose the Me 410. We may see that later this year. Player created polls are a waste of time. You can't do anything to get a certain aircraft added next to Aces High.  It doesn't matter how often it's requested or if 20 people give it a "+". The wishlist is just a list of ideas. Many of the ideas have made it to Hitech's list of things to do someday if possible or when he has time. It can take years before you see an aircraft that was requested on the wishlist make it into the game.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:51:38 AM by FLS »

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »
so that caption at the bottom each players thread history polls created , and votes etc is not valid  :salute

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:06:39 AM »
dont worry about it david. most of your askings arent nearly close to anything we need in the game not to mention your lack of specs on your "wishes"

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 05:50:05 AM »
some may make it dont give up , the concept is there but some ideas are prob a bit too much to ask for  :salute

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 06:40:10 AM »
IN before the lock/move.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
so that caption at the bottom each players thread history polls created , and votes etc is not valid  :salute

Players cannot create those polls. Votes cast are for the polls HTC posts.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 07:43:38 AM »
some may make it dont give up , the concept is there but some ideas are prob a bit too much to ask for  :salute

David, just to give you an idea. Vehicles could take more than a month for the art work and modeling to be done to add just one vehicle to the game. Planes take more than three months for a single plane. An addition to something in the maps or game play could take over a year to incorporate into the game.

Keep in mind these times are based on if HTC has nothing else going on, which is never true. HTC is always working on something for the game. The wish list is just that, a list of things people would like. From what I've seen in the years I've been here less than 10 percent of wish ever make it into the game.

Relax, play the game and have fun. When new stuff comes out, have fun with it.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 08:07:36 AM »
ok i wont put any more ideas just modify the ones you asked for in existing threads, i know some of the aircraft must take ages , ive been looking at the way that they do the artwork , its really good , but you know those flying sharks we had on news eve a few years ago those must have taken a long time to make ,just for one night, but some of the things you guys have asked for seem to be easy to alter , like the perks for loyality issue , which would solve many problems . :salute

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 08:47:02 AM »
david... do you even *play* the game, i.e., pay for a subscription?  if so, how long now?  (if you haven't - then stop reading this (and posting on the boards) and either pony up or hush up.)

As you can see, some people have been here for *years* - if you're this new, it'd be a good idea to basically just learn more about this game and it's dunamics and techinical aspects before spamming the boards in hopes of something sticking.

The more you do what you're currently doing, the less people are going to give you even less consideration beyond what you're already seeing.

Enthusiasm is okay as long as it's not accompanied by ignorance. Enthusiasm + ignorance = annoyance, which you are rapidly becoming.  Just sayin'
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:47:15 AM »
Just because folks wish/ask for it doesn't mean HTC will do it.

If it's a good idea, they'll think about adding it. Many many features you find in-game now were once wishlist requests. If you actually have an idea, post it. If not, don't go searching for an idea, JUST to post. Don't spam it. Lord knows there's enough posts in there to last a lifetime. Think of it this way: Try not to dilute it so that if/when you actually have an idea, people pay attention instead of ignoring it because you've posted 10,000 already (for example).

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2012, 08:57:36 AM »
I've been begging for the Me410, Panther and g.55/1 for years now, as well as certain others like the entire graphic updates for the c202/c205 (recently).

If it gets added, then its just one more toy to play with, otherwise I just wait a few months and bring it back up :)

So.... He-111 in 2 weeks?
JG 52

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
david... do you even *play* the game, i.e., pay for a subscription?  if so, how long now?  (if you haven't - then stop reading this (and posting on the boards) and either pony up or hush up.)

As you can see, some people have been here for *years* - if you're this new, it'd be a good idea to basically just learn more about this game and it's dunamics and techinical aspects before spamming the boards in hopes of something sticking.

The more you do what you're currently doing, the less people are going to give you even less consideration beyond what you're already seeing.

Enthusiasm is okay as long as it's not accompanied by ignorance. Enthusiasm + ignorance = annoyance, which you are rapidly becoming.  Just sayin'

Wow....that's 3 mins of being a jerk that Shane will never get back.  If he's new, he damn sure loves it now....worth every bit of 14.95 a month, lol?..just sayin
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »
First, it has to be posted to the Wish List.  Then it has to be vetted by the wise Council of Flamers whom shall dismiss your post based on a typographical or punctuation error, then repost your same topic a week later after it's off the active topics board.  This thread will then be hijacked and turned into a discussion on whether anyone actually died from Allied Chocolate drops during the war or why a crap Fiat should be added before an awesome PBY.  Invariably this will circle back around to why U-Boats will never be added into the game, someone posts a screenshot of sheep doing silly things, and Skuzzy locks the posts due to excessive rule violations.

...and that's how a Bill becomes a Law.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"