Author Topic: Aircraft kills in Bombers?  (Read 752 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: Aircraft kills in Bombers?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 09:56:02 AM »
BOMBER Kills only count for Ground Targets Attacked (ie:  GV's and other things that go boom!)

Bomb Vulching an aircraft = an Air Kill and is not scored in your BOMBER score.

Bombing a GV = a Ground Kill and IS scored in your BOMBER score.

Kills from a gunnery position give you perkz and will get your name in lights, but does nothing for your BOMBER score, except maybe reduce the times you die in a month.  If you're worried about your Air kills being scored and tallied while in a BOMBER you should fly ones with an ATTACK setting, these will then score your Air kills as Air Kills.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 09:56:46 AM »
I have experienced "wrong with authority".  Thank you for letting me experience "wrong with an attitude"  :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
BOMBER Kills only count for Ground Targets Attacked (ie:  GV's and other things that go boom!)

Kills from a gunnery position give you perkz and will get your name in lights, but does nothing for your BOMBER score, except maybe reduce the times you die in a month.  If you're worried about your Air kills being scored and tallied while in a BOMBER you should fly ones with an ATTACK setting, these will then score your Air kills as Air Kills.

Finally someone who can answer the question correctly... WTG

So end of story
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 10:29:37 AM »
Thanks for the proper info gents and yes, I missworded, leading the OP to think differently than what I intended. Apologies to the OP and  :salute to our helpful, friendly community.
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
 :salute :salute All Hail MikeHawk!!! :rock :rock
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 12:00:43 PM »

Not quite ;)

First of all, no kills in bomber mode have any impact on score whatsoever. Only damage to structures and field captures are part of the score and thus rank calculation, which is effectively the thing people are referring to when talking about "score". They do not add any points and do not factor in any way into one of the scoring categories. (See also http://www.hitechcreations.com/Help-Section/Aces-High-Features/aces-high-help-scoring.html )

The kills are just displayed as a statistical information, but - and this this is the very confusing part - it's handled differently on the webpage score card and on the ingame scorecard:
For some odd reason, only the air kills show up on the webpage "score" (right at the bottom), but for the ingame score card, it's only the vehicle which show up. But like all kills in game, all of them show up on your "pilot stats" page.

But again, this is only eye candy, your score doesn't 'improve' at all if get any kills.

And yes, I'm back, obviously.  :D Computer is running again, and my AH data is being restored. Fortunately I had not forgotten to make backups frequently!  :banana:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 12:04:22 PM »
 :salute Lusche :salute
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso