Author Topic: Pilot wounds  (Read 373 times)

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
Pilot wounds
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:24:59 PM »
Instead of the whacky intermittent blackout that we have now, how about changing it so that the g-level at which blackout occurs gets lower over time.

For example, normally the pilot blacks out at 6 gs. When a pilot wound happens, this immediately drops to 4 or 5 gs, and keeps slowly dropping over time. After a few minutes, anything over 1.5 gs will cause blackout.

This retains all the key factors of a pilot wound (i.e. it gives the person who inflicted the wound a major advantage in the fight and makes the wounded pilot a sitting duck for the rest of the sortie), but if you can escape from the fight you can make it back to base by flying gently the whole way.

The way pilot wounds are modelled now is one of the cheesiest parts of the game IMHO.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Pilot wounds
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 01:29:11 PM »
+1 good issue griffen  :salute

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 01:30:14 PM »
Just shake it off.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »
Rub some dirt on it.   :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 01:46:35 PM »
Or you could gradually get narrower and narrower tunnel vision. The narrower it gets obviously the less G's you'll be able to pull without blacking out completely. Could also model lack of strength so you might not be able to move the controls so far to begin with.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:48:45 PM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 02:51:33 PM »
The blackout has always bothered me as well.  This seems like a good solution to me.

The approach WWII Online takes intrigues me, I like the fact that you can injure a leg or an arm, which in turn inhibits your ability to rudder to that side or cuts the pilot's stick-strength (respectively).
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D