Author Topic: Version 2.27 Patch 0  (Read 12030 times)

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
Re: Version 2.27 Patch 0
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2012, 02:39:23 AM »
Make sure you disable any anti-virus software before starting the download.

Why? does the update contain a virus?

hehe kidding
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline mipoikel

• Gold Member
      • http://www.llv32.org
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2012, 02:48:27 AM »
Not an option I have the same problem now.

(Image removed from quote.)

Just keeps re-looping back to what you see now every time you press yes.

For some reason, first time I installed update, it went to AH beta folder. Second try and no problems.
I am a spy!

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2012, 03:25:26 AM »
Had to buy a computer that would run the game with graphics fully maxed. Thus far is the only issues I am experiencing are:

* computer keeps calling me Dr. Falken

* when I click on Aces High, it asks me if I'd "rather play a nice game of chess"

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
See Rule #4

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2012, 07:19:29 AM »
Last night our squad had about ten guys on throughout the evening. Most of us had multiple CTDs - a first I think for any of us playing the game. I turned off all the new settings and still, more CTD. Happens when coming close to the ground mostly while landing or maneuvering. With settings on / off. I had five personally. FR suck with the new settings 15 - 30... This with a machine that is across the board better than what I played with 60 continuous FR before RL pulled me away a little over a year ago.

I am one of the ones that loves the new transmission as it lets me fight a tank like, well a tank! I am enjoying the game quite a bit and the patch looks excellent but it is not stable and it seems to me I need to borrow NASAs Cray supercomputer to play it to full effect. More than likely there is some weird combination of settings that I need a rocket scientist to show me to play with a good FR. No upping perk planes for me for awhile for sure.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2012, 07:20:57 AM »
Download from the alternate site was a much better choice... took about 13 minutes. D/L update from game was going to take just over 90 minutes....

got 2.27 installed with the hi-res pack and 2048 textures, got all vid settings to max, shadows, the whole works, all the eye candy and bells and whistles.

played for about 2.5 hours, planes and GVs..... mostly in TT...... FR never dropped below 60.

Game looks GREAT. 1st GV sortie knocked down 13 bish tanks with a M476 before getting over run..... a blast. if only the key wasn't stuck in the ignition on that tank! :aok

gotta fix all my stick settings and map my controls again, but nothing that isn't the usual with the "big" updates.

Overall, HT & Crew, I say:

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2012, 07:24:08 AM »
Forgot that - used the alternate site and MAN I was in within ten minutes. Most of my buddies used the auto updater and I saw them a couple of hours later.  :P

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2012, 09:23:49 AM »
Download from the alternate site was a much better choice... took about 13 minutes. D/L update from game was going to take just over 90 minutes....

got 2.27 installed with the hi-res pack and 2048 textures, got all vid settings to max, shadows, the whole works, all the eye candy and bells and whistles.

played for about 2.5 hours, planes and GVs..... mostly in TT...... FR never dropped below 60.

Game looks GREAT. 1st GV sortie knocked down 13 bish tanks with a M476 before getting over run..... a blast. if only the key wasn't stuck in the ignition on that tank! :aok

gotta fix all my stick settings and map my controls again, but nothing that isn't the usual with the "big" updates.

What video card are you running? Processor?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »
What video card are you running? Processor?

CyberPower PC Gamer Xtreme GXi230 Desktop PC with Intel Core i7-2600K Processor

Processor Type:  Intel Core i7-2600K 
Processor - Clock Speed:  3.4GHz 
Hard Drive Size:  1TB 
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  AMD Radeon HD 6870 
System Ram:  8GB 

running on a Samsung 27" monitor

IIRC I paid about $1100 for it early last year.....best money spent in years.  :aok
Floyd

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2012, 10:03:41 AM »
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

ROFL!  :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2012, 10:11:06 AM »

That Orson Wells animated applause gif freaks me out what with the crazy eyes and all. How about:

or ....

or maybe ...

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »
CyberPower PC Gamer Xtreme GXi230 Desktop PC with Intel Core i7-2600K Processor

Processor Type:  Intel Core i7-2600K 
Processor - Clock Speed:  3.4GHz 
Hard Drive Size:  1TB 
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  AMD Radeon HD 6870 
System Ram:  8GB 

running on a Samsung 27" monitor

IIRC I paid about $1100 for it early last year.....best money spent in years.  :aok

Wow....how in the hell can I be running into problems then.  I've got GTX 460s SLI (1 gig each DDR 5)with plenty of power.  I must have something set wrong.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2012, 11:17:05 AM »
sounds like it, Changeup. you def have plenty of vid card if I'm reading you right that you have 2 cards in SLI, what processor are you running? memory?

FWIW, I have had problems in the past with the "major" updates when I allowed it to update in-game.... this time (as I had to do last time) I uninstalled the old version in Windows and did a fresh install from the download off the webpage.

I don't know if it will help, but if you haven't already, try uninstalling and doing a fresh full install.

:cheers:
Floyd

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2012, 11:51:08 AM »
I did a full install other month, if I get more Screen freezes I might do a full install :old:

I must remember to save my joystick settings this time :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
sounds like it, Changeup. you def have plenty of vid card if I'm reading you right that you have 2 cards in SLI, what processor are you running? memory?

FWIW, I have had problems in the past with the "major" updates when I allowed it to update in-game.... this time (as I had to do last time) I uninstalled the old version in Windows and did a fresh install from the download off the webpage.

I don't know if it will help, but if you haven't already, try uninstalling and doing a fresh full install.

:cheers:

i7-950 @3.1 MHz
12 Gig Corsair 1600 MHz DDR3

Plenty of processor but it's behaving like only 1 card is running.  nVidia control panel sees them both for sure and I've got the second card that had slower clock speeds OC'd to match the faster card...GPUs are the same....wow.  Downloaded the update from the site...not through autoupdater.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »
with your setup you should be murdering the framerates, maxed out with all the candy. Dunno... you might wanna get that looked at.  :confused:
Floyd