Author Topic: Current location of the basic "how to" information for Aces High  (Read 643 times)

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
Do we still have an updated equivalent of the Aces High "help" program (ahIIhelp.chm), giving details as to how the game works?  The Wiki doesn't seem to cover basic controls changes (for example, changes to GVs). 

In particular, I was wondering whether it is still possible to switch to a GV mode where one can change gears manually.  On a number of occasions, I have found that the automatic mode insists on keeping me in first, even on level terrain...

Thanks in advance for both questions,
MH

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Current location of the basic "how to" information for Aces High
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to cover the new GV rules.

MH

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 03:37:45 PM »
Just so people don't give me a bunch of crap for pointing out that the search engines does work and NOT giving you a proper response to your question, I found this for you.  :aok

CLICK HERE!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »
Do we still have an updated equivalent of the Aces High "help" program (ahIIhelp.chm), giving details as to how the game works?  The Wiki doesn't seem to cover basic controls changes (for example, changes to GVs). 

In particular, I was wondering whether it is still possible to switch to a GV mode where one can change gears manually.  On a number of occasions, I have found that the automatic mode insists on keeping me in first, even on level terrain...

MH

What I've experienced with the 'sticking' transmission is, it seems if you swerve left and right, and finger off W and then back on, it starts picking up speed normally again.  I don't GV enough to have explored the problem in more depth, but that fixed it for me every time that I can remember.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »

MH

You can switch gears with W and S. It's not really the same as old manual mode (sometimes you have to hold the key to reach the desired gear/speed), but pretty close.

There is info on GVs at http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/vehicles/vehicles.htm, but has not been updated in a while. Hopefully trainers will find some time and update the info.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 04:07:13 PM »
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to cover the new GV rules.

MH

I don't believe those are posted anywhere yet except the release notes Fugitive linked.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »
Just so people don't give me a bunch of crap for pointing out that the search engines does work and NOT giving you a proper response to your question, I found this for you.  :aok

CLICK HERE!

Thanks for the link, Fugitive.  

Actually, the search engine has its issues, unless you are looking for a relatively-uncommon, single-word item (try searching for "trees", which doesn't fit the first criterion).  See my post in Technical Support.  It seems that putting any significant number of constraints on the search causes the performance to degrade to the point of uselessness.  

Also, I recall various discussions on allowing players to shift manually, and wondered if this had been implemented in a later release.  The release notes you referenced don't address this. 

MH
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:33:06 PM by TDeacon »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »
A good thing to check when vehicles are slow and wont speed up is rudder calibration.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54