Author Topic: Fairey Firefly  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Fairey Firefly
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »
The Firefly Mk.I does meet all of the requirements for inclusion.  The 4 cannons give it the hitting power of a C-Hog, plus a couple 1000 lb'ers or a load of rockets.  Might make a nice CV attack plane if it wasn't perked.  If it was perked, I'd probably stick with a Hog -C or -4 depending upon the situation.

I'd vote on it, good catch ! :)
JG 52

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 05:29:52 AM »
+1
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »
I think the Firefly FR.1 was a gorgeous bird as stated earier it saw service in both the ETO and PTO. I'd love to see it added.
 :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 11:30:04 PM »
I truley think the mk.1 should be added some where along the road

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 11:33:00 PM »
I truley think the mk.1 should be added some where along the road

I am kinda torn on this, the Fulmar.......or Firefly. Given the late war arena, the firelfy has a better chance.
JG 52

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 06:54:06 AM »
I'm waiting for the delivery of performance reports/details from the UK National Archives for the Westland Whirlwind and Fairey Firefly.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 03:44:16 AM »
I'm waiting for the delivery of performance reports/details from the UK National Archives for the Westland Whirlwind and Fairey Firefly.

I cannot wait to read what you get on both  :D

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 03:47:20 AM »

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »
Those piccies are awesome too!
 :x
I love the dawg. I really love the picture of the Fairey too.

I see a wing mounted radome on it - I presume its post war, but I believe the US managed to put radar on single seat fighters during the war. I'm seem to recall a version of the US Marines F6F night fighter ? ... ? Probably wrong, but someone will correct me I'm sure.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
Those piccies are awesome too!
 :x
I love the dawg. I really love the picture of the Fairey too.

I see a wing mounted radome on it - I presume its post war, but I believe the US managed to put radar on single seat fighters during the war. I'm seem to recall a version of the US Marines F6F night fighter ? ... ? Probably wrong, but someone will correct me I'm sure.

there definantly was nightfighter versions of the F6F and even the corsair I think. i dont know witch models were designated, or if they had onboard radar units