Author Topic: Suggestion/Request for skins  (Read 601 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Suggestion/Request for skins
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »
i don't know if its possible, but i was wondering if some of you fabulous skinner people could make a German skin for the G4m to make it look like a HE-111 and a Pershing skin for the panther.

in the case of the Panther, just American markings.
same with the G4m except Axis markings.

since we don't have the actual planes and GV's, i am using them as subs for this weeks AVA setup, but i wish we had skins to make it more realistic. thanks in advance guys!

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
Re: Suggestion/Request for skins
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:52:20 AM »
i don't know if its possible, but i was wondering if some of you fabulous skinner people could make a German skin for the G4m to make it look like a HE-111 and a Pershing skin for the panther.

in the case of the Panther, just American markings.
same with the G4m except Axis markings.

since we don't have the actual planes and GV's, i am using them as subs for this weeks AVA setup, but i wish we had skins to make it more realistic. thanks in advance guys!

Good idea...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »
They could not be added to the game. The only way to get around that is to build them directly into the map terrain itself, which isn't entirely fast and easy either.

Just FYI.

Plus, I'm not sure the He111 fits the Betty at all. Almost fits the Boston III, except it could carry more bombs, and was slower.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
the betty and the he-111 had almost identical attributes except for the 20mm and the HE-111 didnt explode into flames so easily. we looked it up one time.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »
Except for the part where the Heinkel has more than twice the practical bomb load, is faster when clean, cruises differently, has different FTH on the engines (geared more towards 15K range instead of the Betty's 20K), and where the Heinkel is reported to be quite an acrobatic plane (able to twist and turn to avoid fighters when it had to)....

So, yeah. Aside from all that, they're similar in that both have a range of 1,500 miles give or take.  :D

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 12:00:23 PM »
Better yet... HTC could just add the He111 to the AH!!!   :aok 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 12:53:00 PM »
Better yet... HTC could just add the He111 to the AH!!!   :aok 

Winner winner! I'm on board for that!