Author Topic: Older films  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
Re: Older films
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 03:54:40 PM »
Bravo Gryffin  :banana: Cheers to u for posting the d/l url :aok I downloaded the films, & am happy to announce that 5 of 7 work flawlessly, only 2 (drexvsfew_01 &  drexvsfew_02) crashed!

The films are most enjoyable, especially in piloting the A20 & JU88, people like Leviathan,
Drex & NathBP make it look so easy, a pleasure to watch & learn.  TY.

Regarding the downloading of AH1, as long as u rename it as, par example: Hitechcreations_1, u'd be able to watch/play AH1 & AH2 without mix up.

I don't know HOW to UPLOAD things to BBS , however, access Google & search for ah1114.exe, be careful of the sites as u are liable to d/l some unwelcome viruses.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:48 AM »
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:46:58 AM by MajWoody »
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 01:12:28 AM »
Being very unskilled in the ways of programs, any chance someone could convert these to Youtube or AHII film viewer? Even if I could find my way into the rat maze, even less likely I could find my way out.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 05:58:44 AM »
To my knowledge, AH doesn't use the registry at all.  I've copied entire installations of it from one computer to another via LAN and had no issues.  The only thing I can think of that might be an issue is if it defaults to the old film viewer for .AHF files, but that's easy enough to work around.

We have one registry entry and it is primarily for the auto-updater to use so it knows where the game is installed.

You can have multiple installations of Aces High, but the last one used will be the one the auto-updater tries to patch as the registry link is updated each time you run the game.  Had to do that because Windows restore points wipe out the link when you do a rollback.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 10:48:37 AM »

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2012, 09:23:27 AM »
Pervert, I clicked on the download and after a bit it began to update my Aces High so I cancelled the download. Did I do something wrong?

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »
Pervert, I clicked on the download and after a bit it began to update my Aces High so I cancelled the download. Did I do something wrong?

Boo

:eek: it should just download that version of aces high? worked for me?  :headscratch:

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2012, 10:00:11 AM »
Very likely right. I worry that it will corrupt my operating version of Aces High. Does it create a completely seperate Aces High with its own launch icon, etc?

Boo

Offline Happy1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 02:20:36 PM »
Greetings mthrockmor :cool:

Create ur own NEW folder titled "Hitechcreations_A" or "HHitechcreations" ("not to be included in title), thereby ur C drive will have a new addition par exampe:

C:\Hitechcreations_A

Download ah1114.exe into the newly created file folder, unzip or use rar as the situation calls for, then follow instructions till completion.  This way ur current Aces High II is NOT
going to be updated with outdated info.

:cheers: