Author Topic: shore batery/cv 8''  (Read 504 times)

Offline aznmeinboi

• Zinc Member
shore batery/cv 8''
« on: February 07, 2012, 01:19:28 AM »
i just wanted to know...... how is the best way to use a shore battery and the 8 inchers on the cruisers.... i never understood how to take out a base with 8'' or take out a cv with a shore bat.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: shore batery/cv 8''
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:04:20 PM »
i just wanted to know...... how is the best way to use a shore battery and the 8 inchers on the cruisers.... i never understood how to take out a base with 8'' or take out a cv with a shore bat.

From memory, and I've probably got it wrong. Wait for the correction.

Modes:

Q     =  direct fire. You see where the gun is pointing. Limited range of sight. Use this for shooting under 5K or when shooting planes in th 5" gun.

Ctrl + Q = Ship mode. You see where you are aiming. Good range of sight. Figure out your lead against ships, zoom in to see where your rounds are landing and adjust accordingly. Use this for shooting at ships from other ships or the shore battery.

Shift + Q = Land mode. For firing long range at a fixed target. Open the clipboard map and Right Click on where you want your rounds to hit. Good for shelling bases and towns.

I may have my "+ Q"s wrong.

Trial and error.   :D

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 10:17:27 PM »
For either the shore battery or ship's 5"/8" guns in ship mode you will see a horizontal scale near the center of the sight.  Elevate the gun until you align the bottom of the scale with the target ship's waterline to set range and then center the scale on the center of the ship.  Fire a salvo and note where the shots fall then adjust.  The new ship sights make this almost too easy.  Also, don't forget to switch from AA to HE rounds in the 5" mount when shooting against ship or shore targets.  
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 05:34:47 AM »
if in land mode right click in center of town or base yellow square will put rounds on map room. adjust in small increments (50 yards)left, right, up, down to cover entire area.