Author Topic: aceshigh.exe has encountered a problem.  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Swoops

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
Re: aceshigh.exe has encountered a problem.
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »
Removed the sysinfo.cfg file as you suggested...game loads just fine...just asks me for all my computer info again...

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »
Same problem, deleted the file and my joystick was no sensitivity whatsoever.  It was like stearing in bombsite.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 11:57:34 AM »
Anyone still haveing problems? I am still unlabe to  even get the intro screen to  pop up
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
Considering the intro screen is just Windows, and not even the game/DirectX, there is something seriously wrong.

Are you missing a driver, perhaps?  Run DXDIAG and check the video and sound tabs to make sure there is a DirectX driver installed for those devices.

Failing that, I need to see a DXDIAG output before even trying to guess what could be wrong.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 10:07:27 AM »
Considering the intro screen is just Windows, and not even the game/DirectX, there is something seriously wrong.

Are you missing a driver, perhaps?  Run DXDIAG and check the video and sound tabs to make sure there is a DirectX driver installed for those devices.

Failing that, I need to see a DXDIAG output before even trying to guess what could be wrong.

Would  having Direct x 11 running effect this?  I can run 2  newer games no problem(Bf3/ SWTor) aswell as  an older Game Empire: Total War.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 06:00:22 AM »
DX11 has no impact.

Again, need to see a DXDIAG output to start to make any sense of this.  My bet is you have a very corrupt installation of the game or are running some other software that is interferring with the game, or you are missing a native device driver the game needs.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 07:13:54 AM »
I have GTX 580 and rolled back driver. Problem is still there, cant get into game. I have been having EXACT same problem Banshee. HELP!

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 07:17:14 AM »
Yes, Shuzzinator, game works fine in "offline" mode.

Offline DeadMeat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »
Having same problem. rolled back updates and still no good.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 10:38:09 AM »
I was having the problem last weekend when I was also having problems getting the .fla files from the servers.  What stopped my crashing (didn't fix the fla problem, that fixed itself), as a complete uninstall of the game then a system shutdown.  Rebooted the system then reinstalled AH.  When I did a reinstall without a reset, I was getting the same problems with the game crashing upon attempting to connect to the login servers.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 06:31:17 AM »
If the game works offline, then the game is working.  So I am pretty confused.  When anyone says, "the game is not working" all I can assume from that is the fails to start, for some reason.

So if the game is working offline, then I just need to know the specific details of what is going on when you select online and everything after that.

Mosr often than not, the game is being interfered with by a firewall, security suite, firewall, and/or the "sysinfo.cfg" file has been corrupted in the "settings" folder.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 02:05:42 AM »
Figured out my problem, and I think it was totally different from these guys. When I put directx 11 in it messed up Direct 9 and 10 I guess. I went to directx website and thier update thing for directx 9c and all the less graphic challenging games I had(AH, Mount and blade warband, Empire:Total war)  started working again
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:55 AM »
I assume your computer is running Windows XP.  As such DirectX 11 is not supported at all and the hacked up versions of DirectX 11 installs for Windows XP are just that.  Hacked up.

No one that supports Windows XP will support DirectX 11 running on it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 10:18:47 AM »
I have GTX 580 and rolled back driver. Problem is still there, cant get into game. I have been having EXACT same problem Banshee. HELP!

When all else fails, after you've tried removing the sysinfo.cfg file and other options Skuzzy has mentioned, you can simply save your settings files and anything else like skins and uninstall the game and do a fresh install.  This is what I did, since Skuzzy found the bug in the sysinfo.cfg file after I had already done this, and it works fine til this day.  I'm actually running higher video settings and getting better FPS than I was before.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
I assume your computer is running Windows XP.  As such DirectX 11 is not supported at all and the hacked up versions of DirectX 11 installs for Windows XP are just that.  Hacked up.

No one that supports Windows XP will support DirectX 11 running on it.
Yeah I had heard that, but Im running  vista 32  It could just have been a bad dl.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep