Author Topic: British tanks  (Read 886 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: British tanks
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »
Lusche read German I think, try contacting him.

If its in a non-electronic format, what you could do is go to Google Translate and type it up. Copy and paste the English translation to a word document one paragraph at a time. It would be slow and arduous, but it would do the job.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
Lusche read German I think, try contacting him.

If its in a non-electronic format, what you could do is go to Google Translate and type it up. Copy and paste the English translation to a word document one paragraph at a time. It would be slow and arduous, but it would do the job.

You do realize some of the books and documents I have go into hundreds if not thousands of pages?
JG 52

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
Well then you're pretty much screwed either way.

You have 3 choices:

1) learn german
2) do as I suggested with google translate. I guess you could translate/copy the index or directory page first, and then only translate/copy the information you need. But either way, you still have a fair bit of work ahead of you.
3) find someone who reads german and have him copy it down

Past that, you really don't have any real options for getting the information out of those books.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"