Author Topic: Plane Crash in My Neighborhood *UPDATED*  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
Re: Plane Crash in My Neighborhood *UPDATED*
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »
Glad everyone was okay.

Do you know the approximate time of the accident? I want to look up the winds. Please and thanks.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2012, 06:57:50 PM »
Glad everyone was okay.

Do you know the approximate time of the accident? I want to look up the winds. Please and thanks.

Police were dispatched around 1:30 pm on Saturday the 4th (Yesterday) There was not much wind.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2012, 07:53:26 PM »
S.A.P.P. Approved  :aok

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 07:57:03 PM »
See and everyone says small aircraft are dangerous. Everyone survived.

Sucks that the plane is destroyed.

Waiting for the NTSB report.

Heres an view from above

(Image removed from quote.)

Can you show me what's to the north west of that picture? Looks like that area next to the river would have been a better place to land.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 08:06:21 PM »
I know dumb thing to notice but, maybe when they replant that tree they will remove the plastic from the rootball. :D

Seriously though, pretty freaking amazing that they survived that wreck. We have had 2 aircraft crashes in my response area in the last 2 months and none survived, not to mention the fact that they crashed in an open field to boot.

Very interesting pics Kamori
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 08:37:20 PM »
I know dumb thing to notice but, maybe when they replant that tree they will remove the plastic from the rootball. :D

I used to work at a big orange home supply store, we had a 1-year guarantee on trees and shrubs; I can't count the number of times someone would return a dead tree with the root-ball still wrapped up like the day they bought it.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 09:36:41 PM »

Sucks that the plane is destroyed.

Waiting for the NTSB report.

Can you show me what's to the north west of that picture? Looks like that area next to the river would have been a better place to land.

Go ahead and look it up on Google maps and look at satellite view.   Its Kalispell, Montana The south side of town.  You are right he had no business coming back over the populated area. The planes are supposed to make an immediate turn due west then pass the housing development then head south between our housing and a small mountain.  But his call ...

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 09:40:07 PM »
S.A.P.P. Approved  :aok

Someone should send him an honorary membership patch.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »
Go ahead and look it up on Google maps and look at satellite view.   Its Kalispell, Montana The south side of town.  You are right he had no business coming back over the populated area. The planes are supposed to make an immediate turn due west then pass the housing development then head south between our housing and a small mountain.  But his call ...

Thanks, will take a look.

I understand why he started turning though. I assume he wanted to get back to the field and somewhere in the turn he though he would not make it and found a straight road in front of him to land on.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 10:29:33 PM »

That's because the tree hadn't been planted.  The rootball went thru the wing -- how the heck did that happen?
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 10:44:13 PM »

Next time someone says that tell them you live for the rush and call them sissies. Watch the reaction.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline dkff49

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »
That's because the tree hadn't been planted.  The rootball went thru the wing -- how the heck did that happen?

Maybe it was planted upside down. They may have thought the branches were the roots.
Haxxor has returned!!!!
Dave