Author Topic: ...this is a...warning? No, this is a tantrum...  (Read 315 times)

Heckel

...this is a...warning? No, this is a tantrum...
« on: February 23, 2000, 01:33:00 AM »
RAM, o how you misquoted me.  Then you conveniently forgot my name, fellow knight.  If you're done kicking and screaming, I'll refresh your memory as to what I actually said to you on the radio as you were lamenting the basting that your heinie took that night.

I said, QUOTE, "Take a breath." Your reaction told me that you weren't doing this, and I added,"Address the parties in question.  Or join a squad."  THAT is what I actually said, and chriminy, bud- you've run me up the danged flagpole.  

I suggest you stick that lower lip back in, mister, and fly like a man, continuing to call sixes for even the most ill-tempered or unskilled of your countrymen, despite the state of your own six, because it's the right thing to do.  Teach your countrymen by example even when you feel it's doing no good, because you'll never know when it is.  Pouting will not benefit your country, make you a better pilot, or help your teammates grow into a cohesive fighting unit.  Tighten your bootstraps, get back in the cockpit, and stop squalling like Hang's cat caught in a fanbelt, and if you see a fellow knight in trouble, show them how it's done, boy!  Go to their aid without hesitation.  You'll sleep better in the end.

Btw, if you see eight planes chasing one con, they need more help than you do.  Think about it.

<tucks flak jacket under butt>

Okay, fire away.

-Heckel,
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2000, 04:18:00 AM »

Btw, if you see eight planes chasing one con, they need more help than you do. Think about it.

Hehehe, Indeed, that IS true....

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
KNIGHT'S FINEST FLYING BRICK

JG2 "Richthofen"
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 02-23-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2000, 06:29:00 AM »
Posted by Heckel:

"Btw, if you see eight planes chasing one con, they need more help than you do. Think about it."

I wish I would of said that!! Excellent observation Heck!!!

------------------
JG2 "Richthofen"

"My Brother-In-Law used to work for the
telephone company"

Pilot Office Christopher Hart III
Hornet Squadron, France, May 1940
From Novel "A Piece Of Cake"
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2000, 06:44:00 AM »
" Tighten your bootstraps, get back in the cockpit, and stop squalling like Hang's cat caught in a fanbelt"

LOL!...well I MUST admit I'm very hot-blooded and that I do react in a VERY strongly way. And...

Heckel: RAM take a breath
RAM: No breaths, Heckel.Im tired of helping people and get things like this.
Heckel: adress people in question, or only fly squad ,etc

yep I misunderstood what you said, so I regret my words about you. But still think the same about those who didnt help a country mate to kill a P51.
Anyway I discovered myself yesterday calling people's sixes...I guess is my nature. I'm a very agressive pilot and I get VERY excited each time I fly. I admit I can get out of bounds sometimes. But I still think what I said about that people.

again, my excuses, Heckel...what I saw and what I uderstood are quite different things.

------------------
Ram, out

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 02-23-2000).]

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2000, 08:41:00 AM »
The way RAM treated JIMBO last night for "taking <his> kill", personaly I am not surprised that his own countrymen do not come to his aid.

Mickey

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2000, 08:49:00 AM »
RAM.....my Doctor would tell you to use those "Green plants" that you will find all over the world...Gets Blood pressure down, but does no help the aim  

Of course, that's only what My Doctor says...

------------------
Saw/Saintaw
KNIGHT'S FINEST FLYING BRICK

JG2 "Richthofen"
"Firepower Mate, that is what separates the men from the boys..."

[This message has been edited by Saintaw (edited 02-23-2000).]
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2000, 08:58:00 AM »
Mmmm...mikey take a look at the message about kill awards I posted before.
About Jimb0...yesterday I found two new guys on TArena. They requested my help and I did my best. one had to go the other stayed for 2 hours in which I helped him in all I could.Of course, was JIMB0.I helped him with commands I helped with flying,I helped with cocpit's gauges, and I helped in flying, giving him some advices. I was 2 hours teaching him, and I liked it.

but now. yesterday I had my 190 in the air and I got that spit. Was my one of my night's first kills and the first spit since Monday night. Tuesday night I was stolen 2 TWO kills and I said nothing. but to see a guy who you have trustfully trained and helped stealing my burning wingless kill that way was way TOO HARD for me to accept it. Yes I yelled him. I shouted 3 phrases none of them personally offending. I only told him that he wont expect any more help from me and that he cared his targets because I'd be watching to steal them the way he did with me.Of course that wasnt true I have more funny things to do that go after a newbie to steal his targets.

I dont mind scores, I dont mind killrates, and that's why I rarely vulch (only 1 or 2 kills that way). I go for the fun, not the score. But the (rare) kills I do I want them awarded. I can stand bouncing a enemy without finishing it at all,and then someone comes while I'm turning to do another attack and finish the still flying enemy. I CAN'T stand watching a guy who I helped so much stealing a burning wingless killed plane. NO WAY IN IT.

I was far too rude using caps. I know. As I said Im very very hot-blooded. but all I said him I still think it. Was annoying to see some betraying me that way. And he still wanted me to believe that he did it to help me!!!!!...so he also treated me as an stupid.

OK I admit it I was rude. I used caps. but was the third in two nights and that was all I could stay.

[This message has been edited by RAM (edited 02-23-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2000, 08:59:00 AM »
One thing for certain while battle in underway in any form of warfare, tempers rise and ego's are "in work"...salute both of you for talking this over and settling it.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Opfer mussen gebracht werden"
— Otto Lilienthal

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-23-2000).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2000, 08:59:00 AM »
 I think folks need to realise that this is an international community and English can be seen as the predominate "radio" language being used. When someone uses English as a second language quite often the "sound" or "inflection" in thier words can come across in the wrong way.
 Please, let's all just keep his in mind when flying and trying to 'virtually' kill each other  

-Westy

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2000, 11:14:00 AM »
hear haer westy .... (been there done that)