Author Topic: Profit, the land beyond the Two Week Free Trial  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Profit, the land beyond the Two Week Free Trial
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 08:38:29 PM »
I doubt they fail to subscribe because they can't up a 262 in the main arena.

My "guess" is the don't subscribe for a number of reasons...

It's too hard ! I think a training arena with set goals and missions that new players have to "pass" would help. Give them the first month at half price if they join the training arena and complete the course.

Toxic atmosphere in the arenas.  Hire MODs, give then their subscriptions for free. Give the the power to police the arenas with guide lines written down and published in the TOS so everyone knows whats allowed and what isn't. This way the MODS can control the arenas and remove that "toxic" issue. Much like a club that has a bouncer as apposed to one that doesn't.

Just not their kind of game. Many come in thinking it's a game like many of the other MMOs and FPS out there and soon realize that it takes some time and effort to even become average here. Not much you can do for that other than opening up variety. The tanks and "ground war" have started that. Take about eventale FPS style play would add more. Being a small company it will take time, but I think this crew is up to the challenge. 

+1 for increasing MOD presence in MA.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 01:30:33 PM »
wouldnt surprise me that HTC saw the number of current subscribers go down if there were MOD's in the arena at all times.  If you start telling these guys how they can and cant play the game a certain number of them would quit al together,  not saying that would be a bad thing.....  I would be in favor the them myself.
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2012, 02:52:38 PM »
wouldnt surprise me that HTC saw the number of current subscribers go down if there were MOD's in the arena at all times.  If you start telling these guys how they can and cant play the game a certain number of them would quit al together,  not saying that would be a bad thing.....  I would be in favor the them myself.

It's not a matter of telling people how to play, it's just lowering the sometimes very aggressive rhetoric.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Darkdiz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
Concur with more moderators, some of the quite personal cr@p I see/hear has no place here, or anywhere elso for that matter.

DD (now up to 4 cents)
Talent hits a target no one else can hit
Genius hits a target no one else can see

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »

It's not a matter of telling people how to play, it's just lowering the sometimes very aggressive rhetoric.

exactly!Good natured taunting and teasing is all well and good, but too many players cross the line and the next thing you know there are people throwing insults and worst across the radios. If there are MODs there to stop it BEFORE people blow their tops everyone has more fun and gets along better.

It's already been proven, it's human nature that people can NOT police themselves, they have to have some one do it for them.