Author Topic: Storch's  (Read 714 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Storch's
« on: June 22, 2012, 03:26:40 PM »
 :x I have an idea to extend the life of a "Storch" longer than a few seconds around a hot spwan point! If Hi Tech would remove the "Icon's" of the Storch's, they would be a lot harder to see and would have more value in game than what exists now.
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Storch's
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »
And when you kill shoot yourself on your own storch.........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
And when you kill shoot yourself on your own storch.........
I would have to ask myself, "why is one of my country men flying a Stroch over my GV's"? How about the icon visible only to his or her country?  :rock
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:34:49 PM »
Might be some merit to this idea, although I think currently if a storch stays low enough to the ground his icon is harder to see from above.  It could be abused somehow too though, IE: a 14k storch above an enemy field shows no icon to those departing below, while the storch above is able to report on enemy ac departures until somebody noticed.... then again, it is only a storch, other than relay info via communication channels, what harm could they do?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:23:15 PM »
They'll ram your B29/262 on take off and landing.  :banana:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »
If you wanna remove the "icon" of Storch, thats fine with me.....wish they would just totally remove him from the game....I've had enough of his obnoxious ............................. ...........................oh ... wait..........you're talkin bout the PLANE..........sorry......... .carry on........... :salute
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 12:01:31 AM »
why not ask the guy who promised that if they storch was introduced that his squad would be there protecting it  :devil.   the only way you can extend the life of the storch is by not flying one.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 02:46:28 AM »
+1 They are the only Aircraft to launch from a GV base so they shoould have the same ID in game as a GV.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:14:59 AM »
The one thing that makes me chuckle is the storch following my turreted gv as I drive away to sups or a landing point dropping smoke on my trail.  The pilot could actually be pointing out the unseen armed threats instead of the obviously non threatening disabled gv.
Ground Pounders ...